YummY wonderful evening!

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by galfriend, Jul 17, 2005.

1. galfriend

galfriend Well-Known Member

Just had to share the best of the evening tonight.
    My DGS's came over 6yrs and 4 yrs old, they picked the first cantaloupe...well actually it was already off the vine. The 6 yr old is the one who planted them. The 4 yr old planted the pickles and they are still running out our ears!
    It tickled them, tickled me and we bounced in the house all grins! Sliced it up and WOW was it ever goooood and soooo juicy :goodjob:
    All 5 of us managed to have a sample LoL

Can ya tell, this is their first garden and mine since many a year ago...
    Having a blast...even if it's nothing but mud here every where.

Garden + grandkids= wonderful times

2. shawnee

shawnee Well-Known Member

What kind of pickle seeds did you plant? No matter how many I plant I never have enough when I need them.

3. galfriend

At first I bought seeds. Came home from the store and they must have fell out some where because we lost the package of seeds. So the next time out we bought young plants. The 4 yr old planted just a 6 pack. I never dreamed we'd get as many as we have just from a 6 pack! Will have to check what kind tomorrow and let ya know. He did plant the ID stake too LoL! Plus we put them on a homemade fence trellis. DGS always checked on them when he was over and "talked" to his pickles....LoL!
    I think the vine is just starting to give out, this should be the last of them now.
    What ever it was, I hope I can find'em next year! Providing my jr. gardeners are willing (and I bet'ch'ya they will be!)

I'll post the kind tomorrow.

4. galfriend

Shawnee, I checked on the tag, "pickling cucumbers" Matures in 55 days.
    Hope this helps, as there is always next time ( I hope!)