Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
34,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YouTube took down a video of a roundtable conference former coronavirus task force member and medical scholar Scott Atlas, and the three co-authors of the Great Barrington Declaration.

The Great Barrington Declaration – As infectious disease epidemiologists and public health scientists we have grave concerns about the damaging physical and mental health impacts of the prevailing COVID-19 policies, and recommend an approach we call Focused Protection.

Coming from both the left and right, and around the world, we have devoted our careers to protecting people. Current lockdown policies are producing devastating effects on short and long-term public health. The results (to name a few) include lower childhood vaccination rates, worsening cardiovascular disease outcomes, fewer cancer screenings and deteriorating mental health – leading to greater excess mortality in years to come, with the working class and younger members of society carrying the heaviest burden. Keeping students out of school is a grave injustice.

Keeping these measures in place until a vaccine is available will cause irreparable damage, with the underprivileged disproportionately harmed.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
It really is a scary situation when you see all of the censorship we have going on in our country. Another reason to stay off social media and turn off the so called "news". Remember when the news was 30 minutes in the morning, at 6:00 pm and then at 10:00 pm. We were all much happier. Now with 24/7 opinion news, we are all angry and the media gets to decided what it true and not true based on their personal beliefs. Scary stuff

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
It really is a scary situation when you see all of the censorship we have going on in our country. Another reason to stay off social media and turn off the so called "news". Remember when the news was 30 minutes in the morning, at 6:00 pm and then at 10:00 pm. We were all much happier. Now with 24/7 opinion news, we are all angry and the media gets to decided what it true and not true based on their personal beliefs. Scary stuff
Yup, and people keep watching and reading.
It is tough though. I want to keep in tune with what is going on, but have to filter through the agendas and circuses. I for the most part just keep out of touch.

·
Registered
34,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Our current guidelines state that in some serious cases where there is available, verifiable evidence, we may take action against users for hateful conduct or harassment that occurs off Twitch services—meaning on social media, other online services, or even offline

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Yup, and people keep watching and reading.
It is tough though. I want to keep in tune with what is going on, but have to filter through the agendas and circuses. I for the most part just keep out of touch.
Absolutely! I told my husband that I am happy living in oblivion. I scan headlines, but most look they were written for the National Enquirer or some other gossip paper.

·
Registered
11,304 Posts
I can tune out of 95% of the main stream media and still stay as current as I want.
Being aware of the latest "offense", or persons labeled a hate group, etc isn't essential or news.
There are tens and dozens of portals for current and accurate and factual information available if one is willing to look and ignore google algorithms that prefer you use their suggestions.
If the news is factual and thorough, it's hard to claim it is biased.

·
Voice of Reason
53,022 Posts
Youtube? I thought it was Twitter that controlled the message.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
You know those people that watch a movie and make fun of it? They really get on your nerves?

I do that with the news. I have to watch the news alone or my wife starts looking at me crossways.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Once you get away from it for a little while and then see it, it's eye opening, to say the least.

Instagram is also censored.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
The mainstream news has become a total joke.
It really has and most people are very pliable. My mil was totally against the last admin so I thought I would do a study.

I watched fox news. She is the only one who will watch with me. I never said a word. 2 weeks. She started saying " they need to leave that poor man alone."

Then for 2 weeks we watched cnn and she was looking for the firing squad.

Most people are weak on their thought process. It is so much easier to follow than lead.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Once you get away from it for a little while and then see it, it's eye opening, to say the least.

Instagram is also censored.
It's a culture shock. I was away from internet (except for the public library to pay bills) for years, but March 2020 changed that. I never bought papers, I only read the headlines in the grocery to see what was tickling everybody's funny bones. Being without internet, I drank beer and watched videotapes. Now, I have internet, and I'm not sure how much better off I am. I can pay bills, research, communicate and buy much easier. But I have to be dead careful of what media I consume online. Even knowing to avoid the censors, I run into disinfo folks which try to draw me in with tittilation and then baffle me with bs. I think that the natural human innately knows what is right and what is wrong. You need a lot of programming to get those two mixed. It's an information war, but more, I believe it is a spiritual war. Don't feed the beast, is the best answer I have.

Reactions: wdcutrsdaughter

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
14,970 Posts
Dr. Been had many of his videos demonetized, most likely because he discussed Ivermectin.

I wonder if there are grounds for a lawsuit against these companies who are deleting any discussion of covid-19 that they believe doesn't conform to WHO and CDC guidelines. The same with the government who is discouraging using inexpensive drugs to treat Covid. Are they responsible for some number of deaths that could have been prevented?

I heard a doctor say something to this effect: Science is not facts, but a debate. What we believe to be true today is often proven incorrect tomorrow.

·
Voice of Reason
53,022 Posts
Science is not facts, but a debate.
Science is a body of knowledge, which is settled fact for the most part. For example, Newton laid out the laws of motion 400 years ago and still stand today. The fact that scientists are open to considering new ideas is a feature, not a shortcoming.

And you believe science even more than you probably know, You trust your life to science every day, as you cross bridges and freeway overpasses. You also have faith in your food and water source, which are kept safe with science. If you didn't really believe in science you would be crazy to trust any of those things.

Science is settled to the point where an engineer who doesn't follow accepted scientific principles and people die as a result can be sent to prison for manslaughter. The medical profession can suffer a similar fate for failing to follow settled science.

Serious consequences can result from not following science. This is not conjecture or something that happens in third world countries. A fresh water treatment plant in Milwaukee departed from procedure back in the early 1990s and 104 people died as a result.

There is only one reason why you would promote the idea that science is unreliable, and that's to convince people to trust crackpot ideas instead of science. Please don't.

Some people, my next door neighbors (an older mother-daughter team) for example, can't digest science or reason for themselves. Their sole news source is Facebook, and they don't seem to be able to distinguish between fact & fiction. They think I'm crazy for seeing my doctor regularly -- or at all. Neither of them has seen a doctor since I met them 11 years ago. They believe that doctors inject their patients with bacteria so they can make more money curing them. They were horrified when I told them that I was going to get vaccinated. They cautioned me to expect to be injected with a deadly mixture of live coronavirus and DNA-altering mRNA, and that I'll probably die from an allergic reaction within minutes of the injection. My neighbors, and millions like them, are particularly susceptible to crackpot science and the belief that science is all tentative knowledge. Please, don't encourage them. They could die as a result.

·
Registered
11,304 Posts
Dr. Been had many of his videos demonetized, most likely because he discussed Ivermectin.

I wonder if there are grounds for a lawsuit against these companies who are deleting any discussion of covid-19 that they believe doesn't conform to WHO and CDC guidelines.
The current powers that be won't lift a hand to stop private companies essentially operating as an arm of government. "The Man" cannot legally stop your right to speak out however they can stand idly by why their minions do the work. It isn't hard to run out of fingers counting the number of former politicians who they, their spouses, kids, in laws, etc leave office and go to work for big tech, mainstream media and boards on banks and investment firms.
Channel surfing can cause one to be exposed to the most vile degenerate filth completely by accident, yet an honest discussion over certain topics are now being considered verboten on most of the SM platforms.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts