Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi homesteaders!

I have a some amazing friends who have been living in an awesome 25 foot yourte for a couple years and this spring the roof of heavy gauge tarp came undone.

Do you have any tips for them in solidifying it for this winter? They splurged on the 1/2" sheep's wool for insulation, but the structure shakes its bones loose with every storm... I'm mainly looking for knotting patterns or rope work that could tie the thing down properly.

Also, on a completely unrelated note: my kitten (6 months) has been sneezing like crazy for about 48 hours now... he's known to have rhino and the Vet's eye drops never really cleared it up but today has been really bad and he's licking his face and swallowing a lot... I've tried ACV and boric acid and blueberry cat eye wash so far... What else could help him be more comfortable?

Thanks y'all!

JC

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Where did they buy their yurt..?? I would think there would be some sort of warranty. Could you get a spray ...that you can use on tents to seal the leaking..?? "Granddaughter is looking into them herself. Wish I had thought of these back in my younger days...

·
Premium Member
15,981 Posts
They need a snow rake. It has a long handle and is used to pull the snow off the roof. You should separate two such different problems. Go to the Working and Companion Animals forum for advice on the kitten.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts