Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize these are marketed as curtains for a kid's room. I fidn't care because they are PINK! IMO, a lovely shade of pink.

My old curtains were the pleated ones that require a traverse rod and opened or closed by pulling the strings. That type of curtain is no longer available. Mine were getting close to 40 years old and could not be washed because the backing was flaking off. They were pretty nasty because of the dust and stink bug leavings. Those pleats were an excellent hiding place for stink bugs.

I bought the replacement curtains a few months ago and hubby finally got around to hanging the new hardware over the weekend. To keep the sun from fading them so badly I decided to hang them on a double rod with a sheer curtain closest to the window. The sheers are coral colored.

As the sun came up yesterday I realized the light blocking claims on the package are just lies. But the sun shining through cast a lovely pink glow in the room. I guess I will have to put some glare reducing film on the windows

20210531_100116.jpg
. 20210531_184554.jpg

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I've got true room darkening panels behind my drapes. They're supposed to be connected to the back of the curtains but I didn't like that so I got tension rods and hung them inside the window frame. Some light leakage around the edges but the room is pitch dark when the full moon and clear skies are trying to keep me awake.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I have a crazy set up in one of my bedrooms.
The house came with white plastic slatted shades that let all light in, so we put up pull down shades behind them, un noticeable when up.
We put up thermal curtains over all in the winter to keep the heat in, and that did the trick as far as creating a very dark room by closing all three. We keep them up year round now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts