Your not going to melt in the rain.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by alleyyooper, Apr 14, 2018 at 11:34 AM.

1. alleyyooper

alleyyooper keeper of the bees Staff Member Supporter

Leave a note.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some times you may have a old piece of Pizza you don't want any longer.

[​IMG]

:D Al

yankeedoodle and nehimama like this.
  2. gilberte

gilberte Well-Known Member Supporter

Why are all you people constantly getting in my way and trying to make my life inconvenient? Sometimes you park right in front of the store entrance which is obviously my parking spot. You try to get the last thing of what I want on the shelf causing me grief when I have to take it out of your cart or hand. You try to get ahead of me in the checkout and I have to nudge out of the way explaining to you all the while that I only have a "few" things. Ah, the list goes on........

Question: If a nipple gets hard beneath a rain soaked shirt and there is no one around to see it, is it still erogenous ?

3. whiterock

whiterock Well-Known Member Supporter

There are days when pulling into a handicapped space and seeing a cart there is very pleasant. Gives you something to lean on as you walk in to the store. Usually, I'm more hurting when I come out though. Pushing a loaded cart can really make those old breaks hurt, especially in the cold and rain. Of course, on those days I try to stay home and inside anyway. Some times I leave cart by handicapped space, NOT IN IT, but in the front as there is often a walk space in those areas. Cold days, rainy days, and very hot still days they are nice to hold on to. The grocery I use most often has employees take your groceries out and bring the cart back in. I often tell them to let me drive out and they can drive back. Leaning on the cart really makes it easier after a longer than usual shopping trip. When I pull in I sometimes get dirty looks because I can almost dance into the store, when I come out with a load, I'm usually limping.

About 10 years ago, I left Walmart late one night. Very few in parking lot. As I got the last items out and was putting them in vehicle, a strong wind gust took the cart and sent it downhill. I chased it and almost caught it about 15 spaces away but it hit a new car with the driver inside. She wasn't happy but had seen the whole thing.

light rain, Danaus29 and nehimama like this.
  4. GTX63

GTX63 Well-Known Member

Ah yes, all the handicapped spots are taken, so the driver pulls their vehicle up in front of the store and squats in the fire lane, straddling the walkway as well. The passenger exits and strolls into the store while the driver, for the next 30 minutes, proceeds to drink coffee, listen to the radio and otherwise become purposely oblivious to rules and everyone around them.

I prefer parking out in the back 40. Fewer chances of cart and door dings, good exercise and I can find my truck when I come out.
    Ironically, more than just a few times I come back and discover a second car parked next to me. Must be the herd mentality.

Farmerjack41 and light rain like this.
  5. Redlands Okie

Redlands Okie Well-Known Member

I always park a bit out past the last row of cars in the lot. Door dings and other reasons. I agree the herd mentality issue is just weird, huge parking lots and still park next to each other.

MichaelZ and light rain like this.
  6. Danaus29

Danaus29 Well-Known Member Supporter

I never mind when there is a cart next to the handicapped spots, except when they interfere with opening one's car door. What I object to is perfectly able bodied people who leave their carts IN the parking space. So if that is the only spot left I have to park in the middle of the aisle, fight my way out of the car, hobble over to the cart, push it out of the space, hobble back to the car, fight my way back into the driver's seat, and then park the car. No matter how much I am hurting I never leave a cart IN the parking space.

mnn2501, nehimama and light rain like this.
  7. alleyyooper

In my part of Michigan they have on line shopping (Mejiers and Krogers) and pick up at the store. the store even has special marked off parking area to pick up at and for a while hired cops to ticket people voliating.

I figured ya right good way to get cans of stuff with big dings and veggies and fruit on their last legs.
    Talked to a picker at Krogers one day for a bit as we were going down the asile together.
    He said most all the pickers are really good about not picking dented cans and usually get the freashest veggies and fruit.

Now if I were a handicapped person I would let them do that for me. But for now I am able bodied and take walking in stride same as walking the dogs, keeps me fit.

nehimama likes this.
  8. MichaelZ

MichaelZ Well-Known Member Supporter

I try to park on the edge of a row, hugging the line. This gives an extra 3 ft between me and the next person, or gives them a little more room if they have a big vehicle. Really cuts down on the door dings without doing something that uses an extra space like double parking or angle parking.

light rain likes this.
  9. alleyyooper

Problem with end parking is those who can't corner get to bank off your car/truck.

10. roadless

roadless Well-Known Member Supporter

I shop at Aldis and the farmer's markets. I have a good size insulated bag and canvas totes that I use most of the time. Since I am just shopping for myself I usually don't need a cart, it makes navigating the aisles easier too.
    Putting carts back when I do use them is just the thing to do.
    I like the rain , just put my hood up!

light rain and nehimama like this.
  11. mnn2501

mnn2501 Dallas

They put that into the Kroger near me. About 2 months into the program, I thought I'd give it a try. I went online, signed up, put 20 items in my online 'cart' hit the checkout button and it said 13 of the items were out of stock. I went to the store later that day and they dad all of the items.

light rain likes this.
  12. light rain

light rain Well-Known Member

Did you have a heart-to-heart talk with a manager?