Homesteading Forum banner

Young whether...

452 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  dap 
#1 ·
He's Nigerian Dwarf and 3 months old. He was castrated right around Thanksgiving time. His mother is now in season and he is acting just like a buck...is that normal??? I've checked the scrotum and don't feel any nuggets in there. Will he always act like this when the does are flagging?

#4 ·
That is normal.. I have a few wethers and when I have a certain doe to come in season he will try to act like a buck no matter if he don't have no balls.. LOL. It funny how they act but it just normal for them to do that. He doesn't do everything a buck does but he does try to mont the doe..

Good Luck with your goats. :)

#5 ·
I was laughing at my boys last night. I put the two new wethers (Toggenburg and Alpine) in with the rest of the boys for the first time. The Nigerian buck was mounting the Toggenburg, the Alpine was mounting the Nubian cross wether and the Saanen buckling was stuffing himself with hay while the opportunity presented itself. :p

They're a little calmer today. :)

#6 ·
I just saw a doe that too. Her lip was curled and she was clearly interested in another doe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.