Young Newbie

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by CODIACRCMP, Apr 8, 2005.

1. CODIACRCMP

CODIACRCMP Well-Known Member

Hi everyone.

I'm Danny and am from Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada. I'm 20 and just bought 15 acres of land. I have looked at many forums on country living/homesteading but think this is the best/biggest by far.

After living in the city for about 10-12 years I decided the best thing for me is to move back to the country to live a better life.

Thanks
    Danny

2. mammabooh

mammabooh Metal melter Supporter

Welcome, and congratulations on your excellent decision to buy land. You'll probably never regret it!

3. Ana Bluebird

Ana Bluebird Well-Known Member Supporter

You are amazingly young to be so smart. Buying land is a great plan. If I had bought all the land I wanted to when I wanted to, I'd be a bilionaire by now because of how land prices have sky-rocketed. Stock market goes up, then down and your money is gone, but the land you buy is still there. Welcome to the website, I too think it's a great one, my favorite. Let us know how development of your property is going, okay?

4. whiterock

whiterock Well-Known Member Supporter

welcome, young'n

5. CODIACRCMP

CODIACRCMP Well-Known Member

I hope to build a small cabin for now for the weekends and summer. I work full time and goto school fulltime for another two years.

6. crashy

crashy chickaholic goddess

Welcome and good for you...dont forget when your settled in there you need to get chickens.....lots and lots of chickens!!! :haha:

7. fordson major

fordson major construction and Garden b Supporter

ouch!! work full time and go to school full time? after that homesteading will be a piece of cake!! welcome from another canuck , these boards are a great source of info. hope your dreams take shape!

8. Grandmotherbear

Grandmotherbear Well-Known Member Supporter

Is your land in New Brunswick too? I loved the eastern part of Canada back in the 60's. Be sure to post lots of pix of your dreamcometrue land...

9. posifour11

posifour11 Well-Known Member

you are definitely on the right road!!!!!!! these folks have helped me a lot, just ask any question, someone is bound to have the answer.

10. quadrants2

quadrants2 Well-Known Member Supporter

congratulations on your purchase....

you are well ahaed of most guys your age..

i think anybody past 30 will tell you..you are young..nice and slow and you will achieve all that you want...
    sounds like your already on the right track.. :)

good job danny and good luck!

11. Corky

Corky Well-Known Member

camping on your land for now is a very good idea. You can enjoy the peace and Mother Nature with out putting too much on your plate right now.
    If you over do it you will give up and we sure don't want that.
    A small cabin or a good tight storage building to lock things up in so you don't have to tote everything back and forth is a good idea.
    People do tresspass and permanantly borrow things that they see just there for the taking.
    Congradulations and enjoy! :)