Young Hereford bull wanted in NY

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by longshadowfarms, Oct 17, 2005.

1. longshadowfarms

longshadowfarms Well-Known Member

Looking for a young Hereford or cross bull in NY. Prefer something with a good disposition. It will be used to settle the current cows and heifers and then go in the freezer later so it needs to be big enough to settle them. Maybe a yr old or so.

2. JeffNY

JeffNY Seeking Type

I wish you posted this yesterday, we just sent a 3yr old hereford bull to the auction, perfect for breeding :p. I am in eastern NY as well. All I have is a bull calf, not old enough to breed, and likely not ready till next summer, so a little toooo late for you.

I was asking 750 for him as well (the 3yr old), but ah well, he is gone now.

Jeff

3. longshadowfarms

longshadowfarms Well-Known Member

Hot dang! A day late and a dollar short. I've been trying to decide what to do if I can't find anything word of mouth - go AI or try to buy at auction. Guess I ought to call our AI guy and see if he carries beef semen. I've only used him for the Jersey before. She was raised by hand though, not hardly handled like these beefers. Not looking forward to doing that with the big beefers, esp the one with horns who has never been handled. We're set up with a chute and pens but that doesn't mean it will be a cake walk :help: