You will love this website!

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by nostalgia, Dec 13, 2003.

1. nostalgia

nostalgia Well-Known Member

No kidding. It is great! Check it out:

http://waltonfeed.com/old/index.html

It has tons of things homesteaders can relate to and lots of helpful information. And lots of great stories by homesteaders now and of yesteryear.

2. Dawndra

Dawndra I'm back

That looks like it has TONS of info on it! I bookmarked it!

3. Ana Bluebird

Ana Bluebird Well-Known Member Supporter

Great site, thanks for sharing.

4. little mom

little mom Active Member

thanks,they good folks

5. WaterSoluble

WaterSoluble Well-Known Member

I've loved visiting that site over the last year while learning to make soap!

6. Wow I just read the article about potting meat. I mentioned this in my thread the other day about cooking a bunch of deer sausage and storing it this way. People who responded sayed they had never heard of it and I was risking my life if I do it this way. Now I'm going to have to dig my thread up and mention this same website on it. Thank you very much for this new website.

7. SawDust Farm

SawDust Farm Guest

Awesome site, we bookmarked it for further use, Thanks for letting everyone know about the site.

8. nostalgia

nostalgia Well-Known Member

I am happy you all are enjoying it. :D

I just love the stories about the depression and reading the old timers stories! And the links they give are pretty good too to other websites for homesteading.

Click on the recipe sections to find the stories of the two ladies during the depression. I understand that they add stories and information all the time so keep checking back. And they accept stories too so if you have a story you want to share, email them at the web address on the website.

I just love that website. I have been reading it on and off for two days now and still have plenty more I want to check out. It reminds me of the foxfire books only on the internet.

If someone else knows of other websites like this one with stories of the olden days, please post them here because I love these kinds of sites. We can learn so much from the old folks who have lived through the depression and their hands on experience is so valuable. God bless them for sharing their stories and knowledge.

9. Dawndra

Dawndra I'm back