Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was purusing another discussion board and saw an article posted by Alan Hagan (you know, the food storage guru) entitled "The Sobering Facts About Egg Freezing that Nobody's Talking About." "Oh drat," I thought, "I just bought an extra five dozen to scramble up and put in the freezer in ice trays. Don't tell me that one of my favorite prep items is now being suspected of causing food poisoning." Well it turns out that Alan is a bit of a Renaissance Man, because the article was about in vitro fertilization. I guess you know you're "arrived" in the homesteading world when you mistake pregnant women for chickens.

http://thisbluemarble.com/showthread.php?p=480012#post480012

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
When you need new winter boots and bypass the pretty girlygirl ones with buckles and high heels and go straight for the muck boots.

When you tell a friend, 'you'll never guess what we bought!' and they say 'a new car?' and you say 'No! A new wood splitter!' and they are puzzled as to why you are so happy about it.

·
Premium Member
11,554 Posts
.... when you tell your wife you're going grocery shopping and grab your shotgun.

.... when your neighbor stops in a couple hours later and says "I heard you got dinner..."

....when your main forms of transportation are John Deere and Polaris.

....when you have to stop on your way home and chase the neighbors pigs off the road and back to their pen.

...when you understand why the bears use the woods...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts