Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You DO know that those are traps, do you not? No young woman sends a friend request to a man with whom she has absolutely no mutual friends.

Some of them are from prostitutes, simply trolling for business. If they give a location close to you that is a likely explanation.

Then there are two other likely explanations----sometimes the police troll web sites posing as teenagers. This happened to me when I was single after my wife died. A "girl" contacted me with suggestive PM's. After the second PM I asked her how old she was and she replied "15". I told her to contact me again when she was 38.

Then the more likely scenario is that someone whose views are widely different from your own will contact you, again with suggestive messages. If you fall for this they will collect enough embarrassing text to enable them to ridicule and discredit you. The world is full of chumps---don't be one.\\

Now, If any of you can add to this bit of information, let's hear it. No point in ANYONE falling for a scam.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
You DO know that those are traps, do you not? No young woman sends a friend request to a man with whom she has absolutely no mutual friends.

Some of them are from prostitutes, simply trolling for business. If they give a location close to you that is a likely explanation.

Then there are two other likely explanations----sometimes the police troll web sites posing as teenagers. This happened to me when I was single after my wife died. A "girl" contacted me with suggestive PM's. After the second PM I asked her how old she was and she replied "15". I told her to contact me again when she was 38.

Then the more likely scenario is that someone whose views are widely different from your own will contact you, again with suggestive messages. If you fall for this they will collect enough embarrassing text to enable them to ridicule and discredit you. The world is full of chumps---don't be one.\\

Now, If any of you can add to this bit of information, let's hear it. No point in ANYONE falling for a scam.
This started years ago. On-line dates. :) Just had to many local friends to mess with on-line ladies. Now am to old and ladies look the other way when i pass by. :). Got a nice young one at the bank tohat is extra nice. She knows how much i have in the bank.

·
Saltine American
6,824 Posts
Yes, just got another one yesterday and deleted it as I always do.

Reactions: 101pigs

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Yes, just got another one yesterday and deleted it as I always do.
About 8 years ago i would get messages to invest in a company for so much money and double your money in 30 days. A friend of mind asked me about it and i told him it was scam. He went aheat and sent them as check for 5,000 bucks. He tried to get his money back from the local bank when he didn't hear from them in 30 days. To late he lost his money.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL: I had an acquaintance who took up with a young woman in Mexico. He got a call from relatives and had to make a quick tirp back to the states. While he was gone the Mexican woman and her boy friend cleaned out his house, took EVERYTHING and disappeared. SUCKER!!!!!

Doc; LOL< If one of those young women saw me without my teeth they'd think twice about even trying to scam me. Come to think of it, maybe I could start a scam from my end of the computer.

·
newfieannie
9,990 Posts
i hear similar stuff every day and police warnings etc and people still don't learn. Canadians are the most gullible. most are too ashamed to report it.

i read the other day billions goes to the scammers from canada each year. most of it is people on dating sites. how women can believe men(who may not even be men and certainly not just one) who profess to love them after a few e-mails and then send them their money down sometimes to the point of bankruptcy i'll never fathom.

it's not only older women either . it's all ages and all walks of life. i heard awhile ago about a lawyer who had gotten scammed. there are also men getting caught up in it. ~Georgia

·
Premium Member
7,141 Posts
...Come to think of it, maybe I could start a scam from my end of the computer...
As long as you don't start with "Looking for an older woman...."

Mon

Reactions: newfieannie

·
newfieannie
9,990 Posts
this lady from Sask. i think it was. was raped by a guy she met on plenty of fish on the first date. she had to track him down herself. but he was in prison for awhile. not near long enough but she's happy because as soon as he was released he was deported. ~Georgia

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mon;---I cannot stand ridicule---I sure would not want an "older woman" pointing and laughing.
Georgia; ANYONE WHO MEETS AN ONLINE DATE SHOULD MEET THAT PERSON IN A PUBLIC PLACE and never be alone with them until they are proven suitable.

Mercy---I met some doozies, and some very nice ladies---some of the nicest were just impossible, but they are are out there.

·
Premium Member
25,386 Posts
yup chuck, I got a friend request on FB for a woman named Jane. She sent me some pics. The pics were of someone in their 40s. In ongoing messages, she falled me continually FarmBoyBob and said I was from Bristow. I kept telling her I wasnt FarmBoyBob and I had never lived IN Bristow. She later named me as William, but couldnt put 2+2 together and kept calling me FBBob. I finally told her my age and it all stopped. I still got one hotmail she sent so I could contact her if I wanted. Ill erase it now. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
25,386 Posts
I havnt had a gal respond to me since we last talked about this. Guess the word got around that I was over the hill, and thinking about whats under it lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts