You Can Get Free Government Money Too!

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by heelpin, Jun 4, 2004.

1. heelpin

heelpin Well-Known Member

2. Shrek

Shrek Singletree Moderator Staff Member

I never saw the logic of paying for a service when you can use free search engins to find the same federal grants that the pay services charge for finding and just be out a little time . I found this site from the whitehouse listing 150 grant programs on google at no cost.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/government/fbci/grants-catalog-index.html

There is this guide from ATTRA also

http://attra.ncat.org/guide/toc.htm

All it takes is a little time to read, decide if you qualify, fill in applications and get your name in the hat and hope you qualify. A few searches will yield you plenty of free info to review.

3. john#4

john#4 Well-Known Member

:no: Heelpin, did I miss something. That website said free but when I went to sing up it cost $29.95??? That’s free??
    Like so many of these things they hook you with free this and free that only to find out its not free.
    How many times have you been told you won then you have to take a long survey that you have to pick out one of the things that coast money??
    Will unless I misted something, this is not free. Heelpin??? Did I miss something??
    John#4

4. heelpin

heelpin Well-Known Member

John, I only posted that as a joke but I think they mean for 29.95 they'll tell you where to look for the free money. I think I could possibly get a grant for doing some research on a new alternative crop that I'm experimenting with but don't want the hassel with all the paperwork.

5. john#4

john#4 Well-Known Member

What you said is true, you can get money out of the gov. for almost any reason. If you know where to look. Idea, we know the Earth is getting dryer every year. We should be looking to breed plants (food) that require less water, can take more heat. Or at least make the water last longer, and use in smaller quantities. I wish I was younger and had a place to work.
    John#4