Homesteading Forum banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

· Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Plans are now inthe works to visit Kelle in MT in May, do the all-day seminar, "The Writing Workshop," for homeschooling families in her area and speak that evening. Will also be Wisconsin and Nebraska and around Davenport, IL, around that time. For next year, all options are open. I could visit just about anybody, anywhere. If you'll build it, I'll try to figure out a way to come! I love ya'll! :D
Printed and tallied to date (you bet cha get extra points for inviting me to come!).
Gratefully,
Carla

· Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Wow, the trip plans are getting exciting. I'll be speaking at Ashland, OR, per invitation of the ever diligent and highly organized Lisa A the Sunday (2-4) pm before I'm doing Shep's events at Joyce, WA. That following Tuesday night I'll be speaking on the history and principles of modern homesteading at Shep's church. The next day, Wednesday, I'm giving The Writing Workshop there. Then I'm going to Cheney, WA, to visit DD and grandchildren. That Saturday (4th one in October), I'll be at Tonasket at the Okanagan Family Barter Fair. The following Monday evening I'll be at Blu3duk's Karate School at Kooskia. The night after that I'll be speaking at Burley, Idaho. There are still open slots between Burley and home in Arizona and on the way to Ashland, OR, and in Washington state, if anybody else wants me.

In early November I'll be doing some stuff in New Mexico. Next February I'll be in Texas, Mississippi, and Alabama. In April I'll be in the Ozarks, in May in the mid-West, in June in Wisconsin for the Midwest Renewable Energy Fair, and in July back in the Northwest and points leading to and from. Let me know if there's an excuse to stop by and visit you!

· Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
And now after Blu3duk on Monday in Kooskia, ID, and the deal 20 miles south of Burley, ID, on Tuesday, I'm being hosted by grannyjenny in Manti, UT on Wednesday! 8O
I am so grateful and hope to make it worth the effort for everybody who is hosting one of these or coming to say "Hi" to me! :D
Gratefully, Carla

· Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I'm now seriously putting together a trip to the Ozarks (AR, MO, TN, KY, AL) and points on the way to and from (NM, TX, LA, MS, OK) for the first couple weeks in March. I'm planning a trip to the mid-West for late May (CO, NE, IN, KS) and a big loop through the western states for July (CA, OR, WA, ID, MT, CO, NM). If you'd like me to come and do a talk, such as on "Principles of Modern Homesteading" or just a "signing," or The Writing Workshop, which is an all-day seminar, let me know.
Gratefully,
Carla

· Registered
1,785 Posts
Hey well its been about a week and a half since Carla came through the cultural hub of the universe and signed a few books, met a few folks from these parts and finally I can post and thank her again in public for stopping by..... and she and Don missed all the white action..... and im not being racist.... i mean the COLD frozen stuff that fell from the sky a week to the day after they were here... and its been cold since......about 10 out there right now again......but the pullets still have not froze their combs and i get 8-10 eggs from the 16 of them every day still.... even if they are like popcicles sometimes and freeze so tight they bust open the shell...... but they melt in the pan not in the mouth....

Thank you again Carla..... [and Don too]

Will and Chris

· Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Here is the current itinerary for my 2004 travels. Isn't it great how many folks have invited me!!! I usually speak on the history of the modern homesteading movement, its five principles (frugality, self-reliance, sustainability, healthy choices, and networking), and then give details. I also offer "How to Grow the Greatest Garden of Your Life" and "Healthy Choices in Foods and Food Preparation"--or I can do a condensed, combined version of all three of those. There is a free book for the host, plus freebies (mostly catalogs in the livestock and garden area) for guests!

To book me for a meeting, e-mail me your name, phone number, and mailing address: [email protected]. I'll call you to talk about details and I'll mail you a PR packet with readymade flyers, photos, press clippings, etc, so that advertising your event is as easy as filling in the date and place and tacking up flyers. For bookings in 2005, there is a $100 booking fee, due 5 months before the event date. I also offer an all-day seminar for homeschooling parents and their students, or for aspiring writers, "The Writing Workshop" ($300--no booking fee).
For information on a particular event, contact the host.

Dec. 17 to Jan. 2 (any or all), San Simon, AZ. Homesteaders and Renewable Energy folks welcome for a Christmas Campout at Don and Carla’s place! Bring a tent, camper, or van to sleep in and your own food and cookware. Consider demonstrating a homestead or renewable energy skill! Vendors of homestead or renewable energy related items welcome. No charge. We are "family"! [email protected]. Details...

Spring 2005 Western States Tour

Dates for this trip are now confirmed and will not change.

April 15, Fri. CA, San Diego.

April 16, Sat. CA, Arroyo Grande. Ingrid Hilton and Cheryl Stevens. [email protected] . Paid. Confirmed.

April 17, Sun.

April 18, Mon. CA, North Highlands (northeast of Sacramento). Talk to Keepers at Home and Camp and Moms. [email protected] (916) 344-4974. Will send $. Confirmed.

April 19, Tue. OR, Eugene. Cascadia Landscape Design, www.cascadiapermaculture.com. Host: Jude Hobbs: [email protected] . 541-342-1160. Says $ okay. Left e-mail and phone confirmation messages.

April 20, Wed. OR, Falls City. Becca Mott [email protected] . Will send $. Confirmed date on phone.

April 21. Thurs.

April 22, Fri. OR, Sisters. Draft Horse & Horsedrawn Equipment Auction & Swap Meet. Sisters Rodeo Grounds. Info: Small Farmer's Journal Auction, P.O. Box 1627, Sisters, OR 97759; 541-549-2064; 800-876-2893. They will send me an application. Costs $150.

April 23, Sat. Draft Horse & Horsedrawn Equipment Auction Continued.

April 24, Sun. Draft Horse & Horsedrawn Equipment Auction Continued.

April 25, Mon. WA, Nahcotta. Larry. [email protected]; www.solartoilet.com. Paid.

April 26, Tue. WA, Eatonville. Mountain Community Co-Op. 360-832-2667. Hosts: Tony & Margaret Franich, [email protected] . She okayed it. Paid.

April 27, Wed. WA, Seattle.

April 28, Thurs. WA, Everett. Mike Hackett, [email protected], Steve McKinney & Kathryn: [email protected]. Paid. afternoon event. date okay. recruiting 3 other speakers. Hoping for 200 people.
April 29, Fri. WA, Clayton. Floyd & Mary Engeldinger [email protected]. Will send $. Sent e-mail proposing final date.

April 30, Sat. WA, Kettle Falls. Writing Workshop, 9am - 3 pm. Plus evening homestead talk. Sue Richardson, [email protected]. It's a go.

May 1, Sun. WA, Cheney.

May 2, Mon. WA, Cheney. Writing Workshop. 9-3. Dolly is checking on this. N/C.

May 3, Tue. ID, Meridian (near Boise). Pam. [email protected] Confirmed by phone. Will send $.

May 4, Wed. WY, Afton.

May 5, Thurs. WY, Afton.

May 6, Fri. Manti. Fireside Talk. Dave & Raylene. 435-835-8042. Will pay at Christmas Campout. Left phone message asking for okay on date.

May 7, Sat. UT, Manti. Writing Workshop. Mary. Will get back to me.

May 6, Sun. Drive.

· Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Hi Lisa. I've just been posting some of your (and other people's) stuff for the new public viewing area for tester wisdom at www.carlaemery.com!
As for a visit to Ashland, been waiting for somebody to say they want me! :D What you see above is a preliminary schedule for the western trip. Invites don't close until Feb. 15, meaning that the dates and itinery don't lock in until then. Do you want me? What shall we do this time? I never heard more from that guy with the local public TV...
Carla

· Registered
80 Posts
hey everyone, didn't realize how fast time flies around here. Last time I posted was in February and I was pursuing my Certification for Crime Scene Technician. Well in April I received it graduating with Academic Honors from Kaplan College. Well Kaplan is no longer a College....it has received accreditation to become Kaplan University. Well.....I'm now pursuing my Bachelor of Science Degree in Criminal Justice. WOW did I take a bite out of a big bone there or what? Anyway I'm here backing up the threads again. Will be trying to do some more testing but not sure exactly what else I can do with the three chapters I have. Will have to look them over again. And Carla, if you have any more graphics that is needing to be done, just let us know. The wife and I are glad to help out there as well. Talk to everyone later.

Rusty

· Registered
60 Posts
First, I must say your book kept me starving for the first two years I lived in the Alaska bush (OK, it kept me from eating a lot of really bad food).

A BIG thank-you for your efforts.

If your ever in Alaska, maybe we could say hello.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.