you are not going to believe this...

Discussion in 'Pigs' started by Misty, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Misty

Misty Misty Gonzales

AMANDA (MY DAUGHTER WHO IS 10) WON HAD THE RESERVE LIGHT WEIGHT DUROC AT THE COLORADO STATE FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SHE QUALIFIED FOR THE SALE!!!
    What a feeling. What an experience. What a wrench in our plans!!!!!!!!Never planned on this. God has been so gracious for blessing us with these marvelous animals.
    It has been a long week, we had our county fair this past week also...kids faired very well there also,
    Luke: Grand Champ Jr Swine Showman
    Reserve Grand Breeding
    3rd in market class
    Mandy:2nd in market
    4th in showmanship
    2nd place and 4th place goat in the does, 4-7 month division.
    Misty

2. Firefly

Firefly Well-Known Member

I don't exactly know what that means, but I can tell it's good! Congratulations!!

3. Up North

Up North KS dairy farmers

:clap: :clap: :clap: :grouphug:
    Misty for folks not familiar with showing - Is "RESERVE" kinda like being elected the Vice-President?
    Congratulations to the whole Family - Good Folks & Good Hogs!

4. Misty

Misty Misty Gonzales

Reserve was the next best light weight hog! Why didn't my colors come out?? Hmmmmmm. Thanks UN.

5. Up North

Up North KS dairy farmers

When's the BIG SALE? Is the Colorado State Fair in Denver? Who's the Sire of your winning Duroc?
    Inquiring minds want to know, LOL :bouncy: :banana02: :banana02:

6. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Congratulations all around :) why is this a wrench in your plans?

7. Misty

Misty Misty Gonzales

Well Tango, I hadn't planned on taking the extra days off work, or Mandy missing school extra days. We hadn't planned on having to feed an animal in another town for the extra day either....so on top of fatigue, I am trying to figure it all out.
    The fair/sale is in Pueblo. The sire of the girl is Freightliner from Prairie State Semen. Damn side is Red October.
    They bring the buyers in on busses and the kids have to go meet them tomorrow. It is like politics I guess. She is going to have to find out how to be a member of "The Posse" to solicit her sales. I have been hearing all kinds of stuff.
    As soon as I have pictures available, I will post them. Barker photography wanted $30 for me to have it downloaded (per page) and only$16 per page to have it mailed snail mail. I chose the cheaper and will scan it.

8. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Oh I see. It's a wrench in a good way. Thanks for the explanantion. Our fair in Okeechobee, Florida wasn't so complex. It was a one day event and the kids all made something. The top winners brought in over $1000.00 with just the one school day missed (which no one minded :) )

9. cowgirlone

cowgirlone Well-Known Member

That is so exciting!! Congratulations!