Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Living in the Hills
4,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday morning, Alltell was down and verizon had issues. Some internet providers went down. Now, I thought it was locally until I got ahold of my dh in AL & LA (not two dhs, the one was traveling :D) and everyone he talked to all morning was having the same issues. He called his work & they said that it was pretty much nation wide. But I haven't seen or read anything about it.

The issues were, I could call cell to cell within the network fine, but out of network I had to dail the number (couldn't use speed dail). My kids couldn't call me from a land line. Dh's company could take calls on the local number but the 800 number was down. Their internet link crashed. In AL they told dh that hecould call in, but they couldn't reach him, & their computer connection was down. The shop where I had my van worked on couldn't get a connection to print my reciept. They had to fire up an old computer & do it locally. The antique store said she couldn't connect to the internet to read her email.

Anyone else? Was this just a SD/AL/LA event???

·
Registered
199 Posts
I work at a large call center these days. We are usually aware of any hiccup in the telephone system anywhere in the country. We weren't aware of any problems.

I don't have a "yuppie phone", but the personal means of communication I do have has been working fine.

Bob

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I have a verizon cell phone and I called my son in LA twice yesterday with no problem. I even called the service provider to ask a question, got thru fine. Every other call local I made was ok too.
Hope that helps ya

~~~
Sumer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts