Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had been packaging and freezing, packaging and freezing, packaging and freezing. I did a layer at a time to allow the stuff to freeze before adding more. The last to go in was today - three good sized neck roasts! I went to bed last night wondering if there was going to be enough room in my small freezer (8 c. ft.) to put them.

11 p.m......snoooozzzz.....

I wrapped the roasts and went to put them in the freezer. When I opened it up there was a LIVE DEER in there, laying on its back with it's hooves kicking in the air!! YIKES!! What a dream!

·
Premium Member
2,965 Posts
That is absolutely wonderful, Sally! Your beautiful canned venison AND your dream - made me laugh out loud, thanks.

Married to a non-hunter, we don't have much access to venison; but this year my neighbor asked to hunt on our land. He said that if we help to process, he would share halves! I am keeping my fingers crossed.

·
STILL not Alice
19,808 Posts
Sally, you are my canning hero, and have been ever since you posted a picture a few (?) years back of your Fermentorium. :)

·
Registered
759 Posts
Also I showed my son your post that we weren't the only ones canning deer that you did 19 pints there are 29 jars in the picture you posted :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
6,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, kycrawler! That was a typo! I thought I had corrected that, but apparantly it didn't take. Thanks for pointing it out!

·
Registered
759 Posts
I didn't notice it my 12 year old son did the surprising thing is he is add and doesn't pay attention to much but he noticed that right off wise acre kids right?

·
Premium Member
2,965 Posts
SS, I would love to see your fermentorium, can you tell me where to look. When I do a search, all I get is Pony's post :)

Reactions: terri9630
1 - 20 of 22 Posts