Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Sock puppet reinstated
24,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be interesting to some.

"Yellowstone National Park launched TEDDY, The Electric Driverless Demonstration in Yellowstone at Canyon Village June 9! Visitors can opt to ride one of two low-speed, electric automated shuttles free of charge through August 31 within the Canyon Village campground, visitor services and adjoining visitor lodging area. The goal is to understand how automated vehicle shuttle technology can be used in parks and how visitors perceive and engage these services. The data from this pilot will help guide long-term management decisions regarding transportation in national parks. "

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
It will be interesting to see how the pilot goes. I have trouble accepting anything automated (computer) driven.....they crash, have a mind of their own, and I don't trust my phone not to screw up, so I can't even get on something where the computer is in charge. (too old school I suppose) Hubby and I will be out there later in July. He is doing a construction project in the park (housing for employees). I'm tagging along because I've never been to yellowstone. I'll check these out....from the outside. ;)

·
Premium Member
20,694 Posts
Yeah, I wouldn’t be doing it at Glacier on the Going To The Sun road. :oops:
we are having to get reservations to use that road this year. Something new.

·
Registered
11,785 Posts
Oh goody! Another cocoon to protect us from nature.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Oh goody! Another cocoon to protect us from nature.
+ + +
No... I see it as a "cocoon" to protect nature from people.... That is a good thing as people in nature are the stupid ones.. Don't get me started....
Good for nature, but like the automated ride in Jurassic Park.... what could go wrong ??

·
Sock puppet reinstated
24,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is a shuttle between campgrounds and lodges. It is not a shuttle to take you around the park. :)

I agree\. with the concept though of putting stupid people in a shuttle locking them away from doing stupid things in the park that ends up with animals being put down. This one is a good example. Woman charged at by grizzly bear after approaching animal and its cubs in Yellowstone

There have been several of this kind of interactions this year and the season has barely started.

·
Premium Member
20,694 Posts
It is a shuttle between campgrounds and lodges. It is not a shuttle to take you around the park. :)

I agree\. with the concept though of putting stupid people in a shuttle locking them away from doing stupid things in the park that ends up with animals being put down. This one is a good example. Woman charged at by grizzly bear after approaching animal and its cubs in Yellowstone

There have been several of this kind of interactions this year and the season has barely started.
I agree with you there. People just behave so stupidly at the parks. I was passed by an RV on the flipping GTTS highway, saw a car with Ohio plates stop and someone started getting out to get a closer look at a grizzly cub at the Bison Refuge (I yelled and they got back in) and an old guy tried to shoe a bison away from his car in a hotel parking lot in Grand Teton when we were there, and it flipped him over his car. Luckily he was ok.

·
Registered
33,558 Posts
I agree with you there. People just behave so stupidly at the parks. I was passed by an RV on the flipping GTTS highway, saw a car with Ohio plates stop and someone started getting out to get a closer look at a grizzly cub at the Bison Refuge (I yelled and they got back in) and an old guy tried to shoe a bison away from his car in a hotel parking lot in Grand Teton when we were there, and it flipped him over his car. Luckily he was ok.
How much would people pay to watch a grizz and a buffalo fight?

Would they fight on their own, or would you have to train them to fight?

·
Registered
855 Posts
I wonder if the shuttle stops dead in the middle of the road every time it sees a deer, squirrel,ect and has California plates on it,and the occupants pile out to point and take pictures, oblivious of the fact that they are blocking traffic on the only road in the park?
Not that it happened every mile or so. Just curious.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts