Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Windy Island Acres
4,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The squash I've started in peat pots is turning yellow. Not just some leaves....the entire plant. I fertilize with fish emulsion/seeweed spray once a week and keep the soil moist, but not soggy. Where did I go wrong? Wasn't going to set them out yet for another couple of weeks bevcause we still have very cold nights.

·
Windy Island Acres
4,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are in the greenhouse.....plenty of light as it receives sun most of the day.

·
le person
6,244 Posts
Maybe the plants are getting too big for the pots? :confused: Dunno

Peat doesn't really have much nutrients, so it might be good to go ahead and transplant them into new larger pots with soil, maybe that might green them up?

·
Registered
48 Posts
guess light is not the issue then. I think the fish emulsion would give you plenty of nutrients for the leaves. Maybe a more balanced fertilizer? Or mosiac virus? If its an heirloom variety that might be an issue.

·
Windy Island Acres
4,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it's all the squashes, not just one, so it has to be something I'm doing.
I've got spaghetti squash, Kuta, Papaya hybrid and Magda.
So I stuck them in the ground about an hour ago. I hope we don't get more frost. We had frost saturday night and our last average frost date is supposedly april 28th.
Guess no one told mother nature :(

·
Windy Island Acres
4,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
still yellow. if they don't green up soon, I'm going to start over :confused: :waa:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts