Yee HaW! I've got babies all over my garden!

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by galfriend, Jun 5, 2005.

1. galfriend

galfriend Well-Known Member

Checking in my garden and just gott'a share what all I seen growing out there.
    I am just tickled [​IMG] Can Ya tell?

I have pickles ready and will be picking some this evening....tons of'em!
    Baby watermelons.....every where! :haha:
    Baby cantaloupes .....every where! :haha:
    Baby eggplants......you guessed it :haha:
    I can't help it....I am really EXCITED!!! Something good for a change.
    6 large light green tomatoes on one plant plus a baby growing. Planted all my tomato plants in 5 gal. buckets at the same time, some different varieties, but this one plant just got right to work! Think the others are struggling :confused:
    I'll be taking pictures but will have to get them developed before posting.

DH ran the weed eater 'round last night and so now my okra is taller than what's left of my weed'n'grass yard.
    DH gave me that... she's lost it look :no: , a few months ago when I started digging up and planting all of this in our postage stamp sized front yard. I figured, flowers and veggies are LOTS prettier and LOTS more useful than all the grass that grows out there that we're "suppose" to keep cutting all summer.
    Last month DH surprised me with a new hoe and rake when things started started budding and blooming out! Got him into my spirit of things real quick! He even helped me make a fence for all my pickles to climb on!
    Had a good little shower this morning....but now the sun is OUT. Hope it doesn't go to frying them now. Oh I'm stressing'bout that!
    So far....gulp~ fingers, toes crossed nooo insect problems. Critters....Varmints that may be another post later...GULP

So come on now....tell me too Babies in your garden?[​IMG]

2. bare

bare Head Muderator

Yeah right, rub it in! Our 90 day growing season just started and other than the bedding plants, lettuce and cold-weather stuff, my garden is looking pretty pathetic. Just wait a few more weeks though, then I'll be bragging with you.

3. Meg Z

Meg Z winding down

Hmmmmm....my cukes will be sometime yet. We had a late frost near the end of April, and I had to replant a lot of stuff :waa: .

On the other hand, we've been eating new potatoes and peas until we're about to pop from them. Broccoli is fine, cabbages are heading up nicely. The tomatoes are covered in fruit, hopefully some of it will change color soon! Beans are blooming, rhubarb is huge, pumpkins blooming, and so are some of the melons. Strawberries are taking over...I must go have a talk with them about NO RUNNERS! So far, so good. It's my first real garden ever, so I'm proud of it, too!

Meg

4. Ravenlost

Ravenlost Well-Known Member Supporter

LOL...you sound like me! I was dancin' and hollerin' out in the garden this afternoon because I found squash on the squash vines...little baby ones about an inch long! Got a pumpkin the size of a golf ball, bush beans getting longer every day and little baby carrots getting fatter all the time. The tomato vines are loaded with their own babies and even the gourds have babies!

:haha: :p :haha: