Homesteading Forum banner

Yeah!!!! I Think I Got It Nixed In The Butt

547 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  PETSNEGGS 
#1 ·
:dance: I am so darn happy I really think I finally got my little one out smarted. If you recall Morning was getting out of the fence constantly no matter what I did. Well thanks to you all she has been in for days now! :hobbyhors I didn't want to post this earlier because I thought I would jinx myself, but I did everything you all said. I had her tethered for about a week and also put in the electric fence. She has stayed in ever since! :) Wow, what a joy it is now to look out the window and see them playing and eating and all that good stuff instead of the "Oh no, not again! She's out" and then here I go for hours trying to get her back in. Thank YOU all so very much! : :bow: I am truly thankful. Now the next battle is to get them to relax and let me go up to them. Pet them, brush them, check them.... all that good stuff. :p

#5 ·
Cool beans, was talking to Miss Madeline today about you. She has a pretty good Goat Magazine for you next time wou stop in.

#6 ·
Oh, thanks so much! I am so happy to have them. They really are just to cute to watch. I'm sure I will be there in the am to see Miss Madeline. Did she tell you about the guy that backed up to me in the Feed store parking lot? Messed up the back to the car real bad... Now it matches the front tee hee hee.... go figure... I think it is just some kind of bad karma I've got to shake.

#7 ·
I dunno, "nixed in the butt" sounds painful...heheheh...

Speaking of butts, I tame goats by just sitting on my butt in the pasture (lower profile, less threatening) with my pockets full of broken-up range cubes. They'll come to ya, and over a period of several days, you'll have them eating out of your hands, smelling your pockets searching for cubes, nipping your shirt, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.