Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Happy Scrounger
13,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gas prices went up 30 to 40cents a gallon overnight here. What on earth is going on? Is this local to wisconsin or are others seeing this? we're up to $3.40 at the local station. (yesterday it was $3.05)

·
Registered
434 Posts
Haven't been out yet this morning to see, but I know the stock market went down close to 150 points yesterday, and the housing market is really going down (the most comparable house in our neighborhood to ours just dropped their price by $20,000! Not good news to us since we want to sell soon).

I'll post later if our gas prices went up that much.

·
Premium Member
26,565 Posts
Went up 35 to 40 cents a gallon just before closing time yesterday. Just big oil wanting to make some more money off us poor saps.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
A friend of mine told me that she went in Wal-Mart for about ten minutes and when she came out the price had gone from $2.77 to $2.89. Of course that isn't 30 to 35 cents but still a jump for that length of time. I don't know what the reasoning is here since they can't use the excuse the refineries are shut down in our area.

Another tihing this price jump was in Meridian and when she drove by the store here in Philadelphia the price was $2.75. Go figure.

jan

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
we went from $2.92 to $3.09 overnight but i think it will go up more today.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Northern Wisconsin
Sunday it was $3.19 a gallon
Monday morning: $3.29 a gallon
Monday night: $3.49 a gallon

:flame:

·
Registered
581 Posts
susieM said:
Ours goes up about a quarter a week...now it's the equivalent of $9.00 a gallon.
That would be over $130 to fill up my tank... I'm thinking its time to move close to a store and buy a bike.

G

·
Anyone else feel like they need to wear a depends every time they drive by the gas station? The prices alone almost make me want to....nevermind.

It went from $2.66 to $2.88 in one day here this week. The QT and Moble stations had changed prices but Sam's hadn't. I was on the way back from VBS and tired, but we stopped at Sam's. The kids got a lesson in saving money that night! Expecting it to go higher.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I was at the gas station this morning, we are the same as it was yesterday, 2.99 a gallon. The "cheap" gas station was $2.95 yesterday but didn't drive over there this morning, but all the stations right around here are the same.

Go figure

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
as i predicted we are at $3.15 from this mornings $3.09

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
When other state attorneys general start price gouging investigations as did the one in Missouri, gas prices may stop rising with each and every lame excuse.

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
41,193 Posts
The price seems to be all over the place. I paid $2.71 leaving Texas, and saw everything from that price to $2.89 between there and southern Missouri. Up. Down. All around. Not a consistant rise as I drove north at all.

It's $2.89 here on Wednesday, July 11.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts