Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my son took his broken black satin buck to the fair along with his silverfox senior buck, this was his first time showing so he only took two as a learning expeiriance, but much to our surprise his satin buck took first in fur and first in satin buck, his silver fox placed third due to boneyness so we'll work on fattening him up a little, he's still worth breeding another year:)anyway i am so proud of my son and if that wasnt enough he was so enthralled with all he was learning watching the supervisor and judges and rabbit owners and learning what he could he went and volenteered to work an entire day and came to me to ask if id bring him and pick him up, its been a week now and he still ahsnt stopped talking about his learning expeiriance and has spent all of his savings to purchase materials for a new hutch wich he recieved specifications for from another exibitor.....too cool!

·
Enjoying Polish Rabbits
1,219 Posts
Wow. Perfect.

Exactly the reason why our young people need to be exposed to a wide variety of things, hoping to find that 'hobby' that sparks a serious interest - be it sports, animals, Scouts - whatever.

Success in whatevery they are attempting does so much for self esteem!! When they find something that really interests them, support them to the ends of the earth. Keeps them happy, busy, learning, and out of trouble.
Absolutely wonderful!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.