WTB New Zealand trio

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Kshobbit, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Kshobbit

Kshobbit Well-Known Member

I am looking for a trio of New Zealands to raise meat rabbits. My dream is for the New Zealand Reds but after looking for years I will settle for the white ones. I live in southeast Kansas. I would drive to get the Reds but would rather buy the White ones closer to home.

2. KSALguy

KSALguy Lost in the Wiregrass Supporter

are you very far into south east Kansas? there is a poultry sale in Yoder up in South Central kansas that has rabbits, i can put you into contact with other people in kansas that have poultry and some may have rabbits i cant remimber,

3. Kshobbit

I live in Longton,Kansas and it is about 80 miles south and east of Wichita,Ks
    I know there are some meat rabbit raisers around here somewhere. I would be interested in Californias or Checkered Giants too. thank you

4. KSALguy

KSALguy Lost in the Wiregrass Supporter

sence i moved i still keep in touch with some of the people from back home we made a Yahoo group to help keep in touch
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kansaspp/ i am still a moderator there and you can get into touch with others in our homeland that way, i just cant remimber if anyone is located that far south and east, i know some are on the east side of Witchita but cant remimber how far.

5. lscheopner

lscheopner lscheopner

We have the NZR's and cals but are in the northeastern part of Colorado. It is about a 8 hour drive from me to OKC but can't remember how far to Wichita. If you don't find anything close we can maybe help with a few. We only have a pair of NZR so it will be a while till we have more babies.

Laina

6. dunroven

dunroven Well-Known Member Supporter

We have some new zealands for sale here in Northwest Iowa. Not sure how far we are from you, we are close to Storm Lake, Iowa, but we sell our rabbits for $15 each. I have some that are just coming off the mamas and will be ready to go in about 3 weeks. They are very nice babies. We also have Flemish Giant that we selll for $30 each, and have a batch of 5 of those that are are ready now and another litter that again, will be ready in about 3 weeks and would be unrelated to the first batch of flemish. I have about 5 NZ bucks that are currently ready. If we can help you, pm me for a phone number.

7. momshobbies

momshobbies Member

I have a pair of New Zeland reds I would part with for $ 30.00 . I got them in a trade for and I havent bred them , the lady I got them from said she had good luck with the doe she raised 8 of 10 . I am in Quincy Mo . half way between Springfield and Kc . Let me know if your interested . Sara hails@positech.net

8. Kshobbit

Sarah,
    How old are the rabbits? I have been trying to get the NZ Reds for years. I am very interested in your rabbits if they are of breeding age, or younger.

9. momshobbies

momshobbies Member

They Are 1 1/2 Years Old So Yes They Are Breeding Age . Very Nice Rabbits A Bit Heavy Right Now . But, You Can Fix That Easy . The Doe Has Had A Round Of Ear Mites But I Think I Have Them Taken Care Of . Let Me Know , Sara

10. Kshobbit

Sara,
    I am trying to figure when I can make the trip over there. Give me a few days to check my schedule and perhaps PM me with your address so I can map the trip. I have waited so long to get some NZReds and I don't want to miss this opportunity. thank you.
    karen