Writing Checks

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by landlord, Oct 9, 2004.

1. landlord

landlord Well-Known Member

My bank teller told me, to have my customers write checks in black or blue ink only. Because the checks will be scanned and cannot pick up other ink colors. Also, if the checks are not written in black or blue ink, it will cost me extra for them to process them. :no:

2. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

They are having problems with the popular gel pens and their ink being impossible to scan/copy. Just have them pay cash. ;)

3. coalroadcabin

coalroadcabin Well-Known Member

This is nothing new, when I started as a bank teller in 1990 we were taught to let customer's know the same thing. Ask your bank teller for a handful of the bank's pens (most banks give them free to customers) then hand them out to all of your tenants along with an explaination of the bank's policy.

4. jassytoo

jassytoo Well-Known Member Supporter

I use gel pens to write checks because I was told that they can't be washed by thieves. I guess I won't be able to that anymore.

5. Al. Countryboy

Al. Countryboy Well-Known Member

Have a tenant that used the right color ink, but the check was no good so they took it out of my account. That just doesn't seem right. When they took the money out of my account to cover the check, it caused a number of my checks to bounce. Boy was I mad. The lady made the check and the charges good later, but what a mess trying to get my book back in order.