Wringer Washers

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Rancher's Wife, Aug 23, 2004.

1. Rancher's Wife

Rancher's Wife Member

I am looking for a used wringer washer to launder my dog's dirty blankets. I already have a regular washing machine and do not want to put those sand encrusted blankets in it. Can anyone give me some helpful hints on what to look for in a used wringer washer, motor maintainence, or tips on how to use one properly? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

2. The wringer gives the most problems, esp if you are planning to do large blankets. Motor is pretty easy to replace, I'd look for good wringer & agitator first.

--->Paul

3. Farmer Brown

Farmer Brown Well-Known Member

Most we had go bad when I was a kid made a wack in the gearbox or leaked grease out in the floor. I'd listen to it run if I could. FB

4. I use my wringer for all but large items like blankets, etc. because they are harder to put throught the wringer. Love it! I can have my clotheslines filled in an hour or less. We have a local radio station that has a kind of radio trade/for sale show on in the A.M. for an hour. I've called in looking for new wringer washers over the years and always find one. My last one was practically new and I paid $25 for it. I do keep mine in the basement though as they can leak oil. Overall though, you'd never get it away from me.

5. Rancher's Wife

Rancher's Wife Member

What kind of oil goes in the motor/wringer and how often do I put it in?