Wow...what clubs are you a member of?

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Reauxman, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Reauxman

Reauxman Well-Known Member

I just added up my club dues. I currently pay about $110 a year in club dues. I have everything due in October. I am thinking instead of doing it in Oct, I'll just pay one a month, due or not.
    Dutch rabbit club-$10 a year
    Polish rabbit club-$8 a year
    ND rabbit club-$15 a year
    Louisiana Rabbit Breeders Assn-$5 a year
    ARBA-$15 a year
    Mid South ND Rabbit Breeders Assn-$5
    MR rabbit club-$15
    Jersey Wooly rabbit club $14
    Florida White rabbit club-$7
    And my baby, the Cajun Cavy Club-$5. I spend more like $50 a year on it. I end up paying most sanctions and charters. That doesn't count to the judges expenses I pay-someetimes over $100 a show.
    How about you?

2. Reauxman

Reauxman Well-Known Member

Also, I do realize I don't need to be a member to all these clubs, but I like the publications I get and I like supporting them. I also do pay several sanctions through the year. I know several people who have all these breeds and belong to no clubs.

3. rabbitgal

rabbitgal Ex-homesteader

Yeah, I like the newsletters and I guess it's sort of a way to support your club/breed...(you can probably write it off as a "business expense", by the way. :) )

I have memberships in the ARBA, the Professional Rabbit Meat Association, the Creme d'Argent Rabbit Federation, and our new local club the Virginia Highlands Rabbit Club. I *was* also a member of the Californian Rabbit Specialty Club, but I let my membership lapse over the summer...gotta renew it. I'll probably also be joining the International Association of German Angora Rabbit Breeders and the National Angora Rabbit Breeders Association one of these days...shucks, so many clubs, so little time. :p

Dare we ask how many rabbit-related forums you're on? :D 16-18 here...I think. :eek:

4. turtlehead

turtlehead Well-Known Member

So far I'm only a member of ALBC but I plan to join ARBA and the American Chinchilla breeders. Must... maintain... control!

5. holleegee

holleegee Well-Known Member

I'm a member of ARBA
    Mid America Angora Club (Which reminds me I need to send in my dues)
    National Angora Rabbit Breeders club

I have only had rabbits about 2 years now. I am the District 5 director for NARBC and I think it is a really great club. The newsletters are very nice and the guide books are VERY helpful!