Wow, and a "hey" for now:)

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Raindancer, Sep 7, 2004.

1. Raindancer

Raindancer Well-Known Member

Hey y'all..

I've spent hours, days, and still only about 1/4 of the way thru all these pages since discovering this forum, but must say you all are awesome! Can't begin to tell you how much I've learned (and more to follow!), and how much I thank you for the knowledge shared and the questions posed that have helped enlighten me! Our dream of "one day" is right around the corner, and when it comes to fruition, I'll have y'all to thank for all the great neighborly advice, and for helping to make it so :)

As a newbie to the forum, and homesteading, I know I'll have *many* questions, of which I hope you'll bear with me (be prepared!), but also hope that I might share whatever related knowledge I might have with you. In finding this site, I feel like I'm "home"!!! :) Thanks, for being there! :)

Dee

"..for in the little things, life finds it's morning and is refreshed.." (Kahlil Gibran)

2. Meg Z

Meg Z winding down

Hey, Dee

Welcome to the forum! I found this place earlier this summer, and was floored! it's awesome, isn't it?!

We finally got our place a bit over a year ago, after 23 years of planning. You'll make it around that corner soon, and it'll feel like you've never done anything else. Best of luck to you!

Oh, yeah....now quit reading the archives and get some sleep! You posted at 4:30 in the morning! Careful, this place is addictive!

Meg :)

3. bgak47

bgak47 Well-Known Member

` Welcome to the forum Raindancer! :) Although I'm not technically a homesteader yet either, I do own a place in the country that I hope to be able to retire to soon. In the meantime I've found this forum to be very informative & full of knowledgeable, friendly, & helpful people. Again, welcome, & enjoy. And don't forget to post. ;)

4. Raindancer

Raindancer Well-Known Member

Sorry for the late reply, but thanks so much for the welcome to the forum, Meg Z and bgak47:) Yes, I am finding this place quite addicting, I'm learning so many things from everyones experiences! That's wonderful that you both have your properties and happy with them, and even if you aren't homesteading on yours yet, bgak47, you'll be good to go when the time comes! We're hoping that sometime within the next year we'll be able to take the plunge and have our own little piece of heaven, too. In the meantime, I've got plenty more to learn, and this forum is the perfect place..even if it sometimes finds me here in the wee hours of the morning when insomnia strikes ;)

Now..back to reading more great posts! Thanks again!

Dee