Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what is going on in the rest of the country. In the Atlanta area it seems like many people are moving downtown, or as close as they can possibly get. This has become a recent trend that followed the rising gas prices and mortgage meltdown. There are a few areas that are far out that were becoming a little more suburban but hit a screeching halt a few months back. If it were up to me, we'd be waving to everyone as we hightailed it north on the counter-commute, but we are stuck here at the moment. So, this has made me curious to know if you are seeing more people moving to the country or moving to the cities.

·
Registered
293 Posts
piedmont of north carolina here and i think they are moving closer to the city as you have observed. petroleum costs and the desire to be closer to activities seem to be the driving force. i actually think that the same area where most of the foreclosures are located as well, in those subdivisions. perhaps people are finding good deals.

for myself, i just bought 80 miles from this metro area. fees good to be against the flow on this topic. i want as far from the city as i can get.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts