Would you forsee any problems with this breeding pair?

Discussion in 'Goats' started by tinetine'sgoat, Nov 28, 2006.

1. tinetine'sgoat

tinetine'sgoat Luvin' my family in MO

We have a nice lamancha doe that we need to get bred, she is nice sized, no prior kidding problems but in prior kiddings she was bred to another lamancha. We aren't going to be able to breed her to a lamancha buck this year and there are no plans to sell the kids. We are thinking of breeding her with a 3/4 boer 1/4 nubian buck, would you forsee any problems with her kidding that mix?

2. Loda Farm

Loda Farm Well-Known Member

She should do fine, I have heard of a Boer mixed with all of the dairy breeds. :)

Laura

3. DocM

DocM Well-Known Member

I bred two of my lamanchas to a boer buck last year, and got the most beautiful black and white banded does (and really fast growing wethers) out of the deal. The doelings are bred back to a boer/nubian cross now. Maybe I was lucky, but neither of the does had extra teats. I'm hoping they throw nice meat X kids and that I'm able to milk the does through an entire season. My other boer cross does have been boer doe and dairy buck, and they've dried up pretty fast after weaning their kids. I'll post later how these girls work out.