Would you do it?

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Reauxman, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Reauxman

Reauxman Well-Known Member

I'm wanting to attend a rabbit show 4 hours away in a week and a half. The motels are pretty much all booked, with none of the ones left allowing pets in. I can get a room for $100+ a night an hour away or a $40 room at a nice motel just a few mins from the show.

Now I've traveled with rabbits for years and always stayed at places that allow pets. I've never had a problem(actually, I've never had them make any mess, they stay crated up as I drive in the Friday night(late) and get done at the show after 8, so I'm just there to sleep, not play with them.)and leave the room as it was found. I can easily get a box, slip my carriers in it and just take them out once I'm in the room. I'd be bringing just 4-6 animals, so no big deal I can see.

Now before anyone says"but rabbits spray", I bring along a washer box, folded up and put a sheet down, put the carriers stacked and then put the box around them. I'd hate to find the guest's pet before me's urine on the carpet, so I don't want anyone finding my rabbit's.

What would you do?

2. mightybooboo

mightybooboo Well-Known Member

Cant they just stay in the car? When weve arrived at night,weve left dogs in car,i would go out late night and walk them,and get to them early so they cant cook in the car.

BooBoo

3. Reauxman

Reauxman Well-Known Member

I'm in SE LA, the show NE MS, here lows are rarely in the mid 30's, there lows in the teens are common. I don't need them going into shock.

I've founda motel anyhow, it is unlisted, small place. More than the $40 a night, but thats fine.

4. Honorine

Honorine Carpe Vinum Supporter

Well you know that I would do it---