Last year, the mower threw a rusty wire into my thigh. Thanks to that, I lost a fair amount of muscle in that thigh, although it could have been worse (it could have hit bone, which it almost did).joan from zone six said:i believe only an idiot would take a chance on poisoning the groundwater under his homestead -
HOWEVER - some folks get carried away to the point of paranoia -
what in the world is wrong with putting something underground that originally came out of the ground - or, with putting something underground that is totally inert?
The wire came from supposedly *inert* materials which were buried *supposedly* never to be seen again.
There are others on this forum who have suffered the identical injury, as well as other kinds of injuries from supposedly inert materials supposedly buried never to be seen again.
Rain, livestock, the simple processes of nature, whatever, will always eventually bring these materials to the surface.