Homesteading Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Ooooh, books! I've already got a bad online bookbuying habit. I'll take all the enabling I can get! :D I aim to have a copy of everything Gene Logsdon's ever written, among other things.

·
Registered
12,333 Posts
Can always find room somewhere for more books...

Hard to compete with my local library's book sales... especially since I have a "seedspreader" type deal with the acquistions clerk...:p Stopped in Thursday, and she had this terrible ol [pristine condition] oversize book, that wouldn't fit on any of their shelves... would I mind just getting it out of the library??? So, I took the Country Wisdom and Know How book home, along with a bag full of dvd cases.

She's given me thousands of books that they couldn't find room for on their shelves.... and when book sales end, we go in and clean their shelves, of anything we already hadn't cherrypicked...

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
I'm another one who is looking forward to seeing the first list. My favorite book store is about 200 miles away so I don't get to visit it often. I love the used books, out of print books, etc. Many of them are a gold mine of information.

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
One problem tho.
I can see that theres gonna be a 100 pi$$ed off folks who "missed out on the bid". for that really "good" one.

With my *dial up* I don't stand much of a chance against you hi speeders..........

still a good idea tho.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I love the used books, out of print books, etc. Many of them are a gold mine of information.
You really ought to check out www.alibris.com All of their books are used, rare and out of print books.

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
Angie this might be a good post to make a sticky so people won't have to look through every post to find it.

I love books.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Oh good grief y'all Angie's on a power trip:hobbyhors

Now I see where I could pull a distinct advantage of having to see the list first to approve it :) before it could be posted. You know, that big bad Mod power thing.! :)

Angie :p

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Okay - the first batch o' books is listed in a thread titled Kate's November book list. Feel free to send me a message if you want me to look for anything in particular. One sold within minutes and, geek that I am, I love the idea of matching people up with books. And please don't despair if you're too late for a title you'd have wanted - more copies will eventually find their way to the surface in the store.

kate

21 - 31 of 31 Posts