Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If two advanced age people were wanting to recline nocturnally in the presence of each other? This would not include involvement, nor intimacy. Just basically companionship. A basic soul with another soul's presence, nothing more.

We are speaking of a shared sleeping area, not of a honeymooners retreat. I have a need of acceptance, she and I both realize that the involvement age has passed. She also seeks reassurance of acceptance.

The stated desire surprised me, I would have never sough such due to the rules of society but last night was a surprise for me. There is a large age difference (10-20% maybe) but the souls desire was not that different.

There would be no sin, judgment by others would not be of concern on either of our parts.

·
Level II -Inappropriate
3,158 Posts
What happens in ones home or bedroom between two consenting adults is no ones business.
And what you are describing, I couldn't remotely consider it to be immoral or wrong.

·
Premium Member
9,245 Posts
Oh, Mitch- do be careful. Personal relationships are absolutely strewn with landmines.Make sure there aree no plans to "fix" or cure you etc..
Please do prepare any fellow recliner for the possibility you may leap from bed screaming in the middle of the night...

·
Premium Member
15,516 Posts
Grandmotherbear said:
Oh, Mitch- do be careful. Personal relationships are absolutely strewn with landmines.Make sure there aree no plans to "fix" or cure you etc..
Please do prepare any fellow recliner for the possibility you may leap from bed screaming in the middle of the night...
I partly agree. And, what two adults do or don't do if nobodies business but theirs.

I'm reminded of a song that came out about 30+ years ago. I can't remember the female singer and the name of it is "Can I Sleep In Your Arms Tonight, Stranger?". It is a song about loneliness and heartbreak. One of the saddest songs I ever heard. I think we all feel that need at one time or another.......

CORRECTION! Then name of the song is "Can I Sleep In Your Arms Tonight, Mister?".

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, Why not, she has 90 acres and 56 horses. We both know its not a solid or perminate (spell check problem here) thing, just a temporary need fix. No hot and heavy details to ever report.

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Go for it, Mitch--Arms to hold you, and body warmth to console you--people underestimate the human touch, and only care what each of you think.Just dont get hurt, either of you...

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Moopup ... what you are talking about is A ok.

Your are not a little child, and you know what you are doing.

Remember Mitch ... your never to old for coolaid.

bumpus

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I not only think it's okay, I would recommend it! Lonliness is awful and what you describe sounds like a beautiful thing. Enjoy yourself and let yourself feel loved...we all need that.

·
..where do YOU look?
3,920 Posts
What you describe is not "wrong", but it won't stay in this form for long either.

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
WindowOrMirror said:
What you describe is not "wrong", but it won't stay in this form for long either.
Why not ?

The rules say that we can tak about just about anything If we obey the other rules.

Can't see a rule broken here.

This is a good helpful thread, and it would be nice to keep it that way !

bumpus

T

·
0 Posts
In college I had a gay friend who I would share a bed with. I would go visit him and since he had the most uncomfortable couch in the world, we would share a bed. He and I just had bodies that 'fit' together in a non-sexual way. Yes, he'd give me a kiss before we went to sleep, but it was more like a kiss of a couple married 60 years than anything else. We both agreed that it was so comforting to wake up together and to be touched during the night in a non-sexual way.

I knew I never wanted to date him or to be more than friends, so this worked for us. Your results might vary.

·
Premium Member
18,012 Posts
Wouldn't this be no different than two straight guys or two straight gals sleeping next to each other?

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Great idea, I think you should sit her down at your computer and let her read as many of your personal posting as she would like just so she can get to know you better. Start with the this thread, where you have highlighted what you like best about her.

Marlene

·
Premium Member
6,751 Posts
I would never want to spend the rest of my life alone.(99%of humans) need human contact. It's a proven fact that children grow and others heal at a much greater speed when they are touched by human hands. A pat on the back, a touched arm, a hug, a held hand can all 'ground' another and let them know we care..

Mitch, I would say go for it--what you do is your business. As long as she understands your needs/wants etc and you hers. Queen Bee

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
Good Lord Mitch. You tlak like you're 185 yrs. old. I don't think it's wrong, but I think it will become that way soon. You're both still young and vibrate people. Stuff happens.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Go for it.

I tried that once. Learned that lesson and don't trust myself anymore, what can I say I am what I am.

Still happily married...after 16 yrs.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts