Worms Wanted

Discussion in 'Barter Board' started by DaisyDuke, Jan 28, 2018.

1. DaisyDuke

DaisyDuke Active Member

before ordering online I am asking here. I need about five pounds of red wrigglers. I have a variety of sees to trade or can send a money order. The odd thing now is I would like them now, in January!

2. Pyrpup2016

Pyrpup2016 Well-Known Member

There are many sites where you can order anytime - to be sure you get Red Wrigglers, I suggest you go to Bentley Christie, Red Worm Composting site. Some of the sellers have mixed breeds of worms, some not as good at composting as the Reds. There is a good Facebook group with lots of info in their files.

3. anniew

anniew keep it simple and honest Supporter

Go to the Singletree forum...the Mod. Shrek has been growing worms for years...

4. Forcast

Forcast Well-Known Member

5. Fire-Man

Fire-Man Well-Known Member Supporter

You can buy them at a bait shop at about $3 for 30 worms. meaning at a bait shop---200 would cost you about what 1000 would cost from a worm supplier.

HeavyHauler likes this.
  6. oldasrocks

oldasrocks Well-Known Member

I hear a lot of NK soldiers have worms they would love to get rid of. Probably the cheerleaders too.

7. HeavyHauler

HeavyHauler Well-Known Member

I would just order some.

I'm currently expanding my worm colonies. I had a half lb of worms given to me, that was the first colony. About a month ago, I had a lot more worms in there; so I made a new bin for them.

Now I have to build a couple more bins, to make new colonies.

I'm not sure how many worms I have now, but every handful of compost has 10-20 worms in it, plus what babies/eggs or whatever is in it.

I started vermicomposting July 2017, and have about 10-12lbs compost, just feeding veggie scraps. They seem to devour celery, apples and bananas; but seem to dislike potato peeling's.

I can compost year round with this set up, which for me is great! I keep them in my basement and never had an issue with odour at all.

I plan on intensifying my efforts to sell the worms and their castings, for some extra money. We'll see how it goes.

RichNC and Fire-Man like this.
  8. Forcast

Forcast Well-Known Member

I was thinking she wanted to start a worm bin. Thats why i suggest ed bait shop. My worm bins started with some left over bait in a big tote.