Wormer for pregnant doe

Discussion in 'Goats' started by TSYORK, Dec 10, 2006.

1. TSYORK

TSYORK Jhn Boy ina D Trump world

What, if any wormer can be used on a pregnant doe. I have Ivermectin on hand, but I don't want to cause an abortion. What do you recommend?

2. Jcran

Jcran Well-Known Member

I have used ivemectin plus, on my pregnant does with no problem.

3. sixstrothers

sixstrothers Hallelujah Dairy

Ivermectin is safe for pregnant does. I have ivomec plus injectable and just wormed all my pregnant does. Safegaurd is good for pregnant does too.

4. Jcran

Jcran Well-Known Member

Oops...I forgot to mention that I give ivomec plus ORALLY at a dose of 1cc for every 50 pounds. Others give at 1cc for 33 pounds I believe.

5. AllWolf

AllWolf We love all our animals

If you need to worm a pregnant doe you can use IVOMEC or Safeguard wormer. These are proven safe for pregnant does.

I wish you luck on your doe. :)

6. ozark_jewels

ozark_jewels Well-Known Member Supporter

Ivomec doesn't work around here anymore so I worm my herd with Cydectin. Pregnant does, kids, old does...I use it for all with no problems. This is in my herd of 150.

7. Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians

Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians Well-Known Member

The only worry of abortion is during the implantation phaze. So use nothing, wormers, drugs of any kind (unless to save the doe) on your does when first bred. You are safe using anything that is normally used after the first 21 days. What isn't safe is to use wormers that don't work on your farm because it is presummed they are safer than something else, because they aren't when they are also safe for the worms ;) Vicki

8. kerrinatoz

kerrinatoz Well-Known Member

Do you know about Golden Blend Goat Dewormer from the Hoegger Supply? It says its the only one safe for use with pregnant and lactating does and kids. I haven't tried it yet but looks like its a great preventative. www.thegoatstore.com