Worm composted household septic system

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Shrek, Jan 2, 2004.

1. Shrek

Shrek Singletree Moderator Staff Member

You cant help but love the Aussies. They always think outside the box. Best part is you get to live like civilized man without having to crap in the woods or in a bucket full of ash and sawdust. Of course the health concerns are minimized and its more environmentally acceptable by current standards.

In reading their site , it appears that a wide perspective thinker could design a retrofit to accomodate an existing septic system that is being restored ands local ordinences. Check out the site:

http://www.wormfarm.com.au/index.php

2. Buffy in Dallas

Buffy in Dallas Well-Known Member Supporter

What a great idea! I wish they showed how it works. I think I could figure it out though.

3. ajoys

ajoys Well-Known Member

Call them up and tell them you are into worm farming and natural living solutions and that you want to be there sole, main USA distributer and have they looked into this possibility of bringing it to the states. They probably all ready have all the documentation to get it approved here and if they don't I am sure they could do it or at least help you do it. Huge possibilities for someone. At least worth some time to see if it is feasible and to see what it takes to get approval. Now if you can get it approved and it is cheaper then a normal septic system and you can license the technology so that only your own distributers or franchises can install it......... unbelievable gold mine.

Partner up with a septic tank design and installation business owner to make it easier. Even partner up with someone who works for the various health agencies that knows what it takes to get something approved.

Just an idea.

4. Shrek

Shrek Singletree Moderator Staff Member

My auto maintenance bait farm project utilizes a septic tank if I succeed to reaching final development phase :)