World's Loudest Goat

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Tango, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

She was born on Tuesday May 30, a mostly Boer doeling to a first time dam right here at Dragonfly's Lair. I should call Guiness and make it official. :rolleyes:

2. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Well-Known Member

Aren't they something?!

When I bought Emily back in March, (1/2 boer and Saanan) she screamed blue murder for 3 days until the poor thing almost had laryngitis! I was afraid the neighbours were going to call the fuzz on me!

I almost named her Celine Dion because she has a set of pipes on her....! :eek: :grump: :eek: :grump:

...there's no letting that goat go hungry I tell ya... :p

3. Caprice Acres

Caprice Acres AKA "mygoat" Staff Member Supporter

I had the world's loudest goat up till recently... He somehow lost his voice and now makes the most pitiful of baaa's. He's been doing that for months now, he stopped being loud around 10 or 11 months old, he's now about 15 months. He never got sickly, just one day couldn't be as loud as before. Hopefully yours will shut up too! LOL

4. Corky

Corky Well-Known Member

Lets see.... My idea of the worlds loudest goat would have to be a boar/nubian cross. Is that what yours is? :)

5. Jillis

Jillis Well-Known Member

I don't know. I've got a LaMancha/Saanan cross that has a very loud, almost foghorn sounding "MAA!" It makes your ears ring. She is the baby goat we had in our bathroom for 6 weeks because she had a broken leg. You'ld never know it today.
    My dd named her "Christmas" but I call her "Mavis" because that is what her bellowing, nasal "MAA!" sounds like to me. Sort of like an old yenta.

6. goatedintoit

goatedintoit Truly Gems ADGA Nubians

My neighbors might disagree with you. I'm certain they think my momma goat who is currently separated from her kids, is the loudest. Of course, she is full Nubian. Not that the kids are any less noisy mind you.

Had my first neighbor visitor tonite (after just one night). I hope they quiet down soon. It's been an hour of separation so far tonite and still no reduction in noise....

The doelings are two months old and I'd sure like to get more milk out of their momma.

OH WELL

7. khowellrn

khowellrn Well-Known Member

I dunno, I have a Boer cross with a bottomless pit stomach who would give any goat a run for its money in the loudness department! She goes on and on and on like the energizer bunny! The others only holler when the feed bucket rattles, but this girl is very demanding! She catches sight of anyone outside and it is on! I said the other day "if I were the neighbors, I'd call the sherriff on us!"

8. ScorpionFlower

ScorpionFlower Insanity prevails

Hmmm, I have a nubian/nigerian dwarf x.... I know, wierd mix. He not only is LOUD as heck but he'll head butt the walls, jump off the side of the house, get his hoof caught in chain link as he tried to use the fence to spring off of, try to jump over the fence from a distance he just can't make it from, get on top of his pen structure I have NO clue how as he's not big enough... unless... brain storm... I caught him today STANDING on my nubian's back. Maybe that's how he got the height to jump up ontop of the pen????? I swear, this goat is posessed!?!?!? I've never seen this kind of behavior in any animal before and he's definately the loudest on the property. He only stands head to my hip but his baaa and behavior scares the dog away. I've learned not to lean over to pick things up without checking where he is as he takes every chance to stand on my back! He baaa's when he hears any of the doors to the house or cars shut and he calls out across the property to the other goats. He's housed with our nubian male, so he's not alone or anything. Sheesh!

Though, I have to admit..... he's very entertaining!!!

9. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Thanks for the smiles. R2 is mostly Boer. May have some Myotonic or Brush but the dam was sired by a reg. fb and this doeling was sired by a reg fb. I think I read somewhere tham many Boers have a Nubian influence to them or that it was used to make the modern-day American Boer. I would believe that. The only othergoat I;ve had that was this loud was a Nubian :) But at just two weeks of age, little R2 is louder than anything. And she's persistent too. Bless her heart :)

[​IMG]

10. GoldenWood Farm

GoldenWood Farm Legally blonde! Supporter

Lol no I have the worlds Loudest goat :rolleyes: . He is a nigerian dwarf buckling (soon to be wether) and he is 5-6 months old right now. He screams BLOODY MURDER about anything. Heck his NORMAL cry sounds like he is being eaten alive. Scares me half to death every ding dang day.

My nubians are like mutes compared to him :eek: :croc: .

MotherClucker -------- Anybody want a cute little nigie buck soon to be wether? *evil grin*

11. Jcran

Jcran Well-Known Member

Sorry everyone...MY goat is the LOUDEST goat on the planet. Unfortunately, she also has the most sensitive ears in the universe. And probably the worst is that she was bottle-raised. Soooo....the slightest creak of footstep on front porch, trying to sneak out to get the paper in the quiet predawn of our neighborhood awakens the BEAST who then BELLOWS for fresh hay/grain/attention. I am sure the neighbors wish we'd never sold the miniature donkeys (and boy could they holler!).

12. Freeholder

Freeholder Well-Known Member

LOL! I don't think I have any who qualify for loudest goat on the planet, but they sure do have sensitive ears! I try not to go outside too early, especially on the weekends, because as soon as I open the front door, they are all crying for me! *I* wouldn't mind it, but I'm trying to show some consideration for the neighbors!

Kathleen

13. goatedintoit

goatedintoit Truly Gems ADGA Nubians

If I'm not mistaken, this is the cross for mini nubians. Nice little goats....

14. ScorpionFlower

ScorpionFlower Insanity prevails

Really!! That's cool! I know we went to a goat show weekend before last and the lady we bought our yearlings from was there. We were talking with alot of goat people and everyone who heard we had a nubian/nigerian dwarf mix said that its' a strange cross. You know, how'd the male get up that high?? LOL He's a real character though!! Today I watched him squeeze through the chain link post and the side of the house. My CAT has trouble getting through there!!! I couldn't believe my eyes!! I guess cause our septic overflow is right there and the past few days has been septic hell, the wetness of the ground made it so he can shift the post over in the soft ground then the post kind of goes back in place once he was through. Now I figured THAT one out!! He's one smart bugger I tell you that much.

I agree, goats have sensative ears all right. We have our nighttime pen right against the house by my master bathroom window. The kitchen shares a wall with the bathroom. Well, they actually hear when the kids wake up and start getting their cereal in the mornings!! So much for me getting a few extra winks while the kids watch cartoons. Nope, goats hear the kids and I see goats in my sleep till I realize it's not a dream, I really am going to have to get up at 6am.

I have a funny to share. Today I called up a neighbor and she actually asked me if I got new goats recently. I guess SHE hears them at 6am ish too and they wake her up. She lives 1/2 mile away!!!! Nothing but open desert between us though but sheesh!!