Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Great form and extension! I give that a 10.:rock:

Seriously, maybe, if hot wire isn't an option, and second strand of fencing up high would help.

Reactions: reneedarley

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I count to 10:hair
He c:hairan jump 5 ft. 5 without loosing a curl. If he were mean I would have slaughtered him and as he is the only one that can jump and none of the others seem inclined, I have a mating programme where he goes where he likes in the early season then is placed indoors with a selected harem. Next season I will be buying a Leicester Longwool and I will be more systematic.
He knows I have a can of goodies hidden under that snow

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I am very lucky as I live in A Sami reindeer grazing area. Other parts of Sweden have real trouble with wolves but here, because of the reindeer there is nul tolerance. There are bears, soon hibernating but they are not interested. In Spring I have normal problems with foxes. Actually my worst problem is hunters' badly trained dogs.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Double fence lines stop them jumping according to DoT. Haven't tried it, my fences are 6'+.
Yes a double fence does work. The inner fence doesn't need to be that high. Just at a distance so that when they jump hit they hit the outer fence and get a shock. If one is lucky they can be trained not to jump over in that way.
But my sheep roam over all the village at most times of the year. There is no other livestock for miles around. Well, my neighbour has cows but they are up in the summer pastures. If I do put up fencing, most of it is temporary so i work to put up double. If it gets to be a problem I will have to look at solutions:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts