Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking (unsuccessfully) for wool pants for my husband. He's a big man size 54 x 32 or 5XL. I would sure appreciate any info!!

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
Thrift stores?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
All my husbands wool pants have come from the army/navy store. Don't know how large of sizes they go and I haven't been to a surplus store in decades, but the wool pants are still going strong!

If you can't find any and need to compromise, the Firehose fleece lined work pants from Duluth Trading Company are pretty amazing. DH looked at me the other day while wearing them and said, "these are the most amazing pants ever".

·
Registered
757 Posts
Have you considered making them from a heavy wool blanket, using his pants as a pattern?

·
Premium Member
12,677 Posts
I have been looking (unsuccessfully) for wool pants for my husband. He's a big man size 54 x 32 or 5XL. I would sure appreciate any info!!
Got to http://www.destinationxl.com and set up a size profile for 54x32. They will show you all the pants in that size on their site. There are 9 wool styles. To locate the Size Profile tab look just under the FREE SHIPPING tag at top of homepage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts