WOOHOO...we've got blooms!

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by Ravenlost, May 20, 2005.

1. Ravenlost

Ravenlost Well-Known Member Supporter

Noticed today that the tomatoes are blooming! Yippee!!! I can barely wait for some good tomatoes.

The pumpkins are blooming, the peas and beans are blooming, still waiting on the squash though.

2. tnborn

tnborn Well-Known Member

Hey Rave,
    I am jealous :haha: Seriously that is great. I have peas blooming . Everything is is trying to peek through the ground.
    tnborn

3. GrannyG

GrannyG Well-Known Member

I have a few marble sized ones in the garden. Got one tiny zucchini and one tinier yellow squash, and couldn't wait. Put them in the salad last night. Will pull a few blooms off next week to batter and deep fry. Strawberries are sure slow this year, blooms, but few berries so far. The corn is up,also the black eyed peas.Will be great to save a little bit and have fresh veggies.

4. Ravenlost

Ravenlost Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm picking English Peas today so we'll be enjoying the first crop from our garden tonight.

:p

5. birdie_poo

birdie_poo Well-Known Member

I noticed that my snow peas were blooming (they are over 2' right now) and my beans are flowering, as well. I have 4" yellow zucks, and my butternut are as big as jawbreakers!

6. tnborn

tnborn Well-Known Member

Hey Rave,
    I picked green peas last night.
    tnborn