Woohoo, I got a green house!!

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by tobo6, Oct 11, 2004.

1. tobo6

tobo6 Well-Known Member

Dh is on vacation this week, and he finally put up a green house for me. It's made out of cattle panels, covered with really heavy clear plastic. He is out there right now putting some shelves in it. He hasn't put the door side on yet, still figuring out how to go about it, but we have a smallish screen/glass door that we will use. I'm so excited! For now, I will have no heat in it, but I can start my seeds early, and put my plants that need protection in it.

I'm so excited!

Deb

2. DayBird

DayBird Big Bird

Congrats!!

I know you are excited.

I know I am jealous.

But hey, my pullets are laying. Four eggs today from six girls.

3. Cyngbaeld

Cyngbaeld In Remembrance Supporter

Yeah!!! Greenhouses are soooo great to have. So are eggs! Glad for both of you.

4. sisterpine

sisterpine Goshen Farm Supporter

That is REALLY wonderful! I have a small green house 10 x 20 and could not grow anything without it here in the mountains of southwest montana. where are you located? profile page does not say, we are in zone 3-4 and I am thinking about putting up another green house just to grow landscape plants for resale? Kathleen

5. tobo6

tobo6 Well-Known Member

I'm in NW Oregon, in the middle of old growth forest, so my biggest challenges are shade and slugs!! I'm hoping with the green house my plants can survive the baby stage, so they are not completely eaten by the slugs and snails when I put them out, lol.

I have a 14 year old daughter, and it's a project for her and I to try and grow things.....we will see how we do. :)

Deb