WooHoo!! Finally found my goats!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Meg Z, Sep 7, 2004.

1. Meg Z

Meg Z winding down

:dance: :dance: :dance:

I finally found just what I wanted!

I found a lady with huge, healthy purebred nubians, from a registered show line, but she doesn't register. So, I got really nice homestead goats, without having to pay for show goats! I bought a 2 year old, and a doeling from this spring. She had another 2 year old that we liked. We may go back for her. She also gave me a copy of their vaccination and worming history, so I know what they've had. She's CAE/CL free, so she can keep the use of a show-neighbors' bucks.

My husband had not seen nubians like that before, and as they trotted across our field, his eyes got wide, and (hunter that he is) he remarked on, except for the ears, how deer-like they looked. (These girls are huge!)

My neighbor is going to let me use his registered Boer as stud, so the young-uns will make good barbeque. I'll do that the first year or two, then see about a nubian buck, so I can breed replacement does. Oh, yeah, this line has a tendency to throw triplets, and raise them.

And they were CHEAP!! :dance: :dance: :dance: Had to drive a few hours, but worth it!

Life just doesn't get any better than this!! :D

Meg :)
    (Did I mention I'm happy?)

2. Corky

Corky Well-Known Member

congradulations! :haha: Keep a close eye on them till they decide your place is home. Enjoy. :)

3. DayBird

DayBird Big Bird

I'm so jealous. I'm glad that you found what you wanted. Now if I could only make up my mind.

4. Natureschild

Natureschild Well-Known Member

Awsome!
    Funny coincindence I just got nubians too. Really nice goats, from unregistered stock.
    well they are a little wild (had a fun chase when they got out of the pen), but good looking and healthy!
    Now I need to find a local buck to breed to so that I can get some milk.

5. sancraft

sancraft Well-Known Member

Congratulations. They sound wonderful. I'd love to get a find like that. :D

6. ponyexpress

ponyexpress Well-Known Member

Meg,
    Do you mind if I ask where you got them? I'm not far from Charlotte, and I'm looking too... I was thinking of Oberhaslis, but not been able to find one I could afford. I like nubians, had several years ago on my folks place.
    I just want a nanny to milk! $3.50 a gallon is TOOOO much to pay!
    Enjoy your girls!

Anne