woodmizer bandsaw sawmills

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by kqh, May 3, 2004.

1. kqh

kqh Guest

Hello, I'm new. I'd like to ask if anyone has a woodmizer sawmill that they use for their primary income. If so, what size mill do you think is the minimum. Any other pointers?

2. bumpus

bumpus Well-Known Member

This is Woodmizers tool free #

Toll Free in U.S. • 1.800.553.0182

This is their web site with some good info:

http://www.woodmizer.com/welcome.html

Call them they can answer a lot of your questions they have a movie and a job work sheet that can give you an idea of the out put and profit wok sheet that helps a lot.

They can even give you names of people who own the saws that you can go and talk to who work them for hobby and full time work.

3. scorpian5

scorpian5 Well-Known Member

We have a guy come and saw for us about every five years and he has a wood mizer. I cant remember the model but it one of the bigger ones with hydraulic everything and he says he would not use one for a buisnes without the hydraulics SOme sawers charge by the board foot but this guy charges by the machine hour we saw for two days and it costs around $500 for a large pile of 1 inch hardwoods and a even larger pile of 2 inch softwoods. I have looked into buying one myself but i would go through a bank with a loan if you need to the sawmill companys charge pretty high intrest on there payments. You have to do a lot of sawing to even make the payments on the saws plus a truck or somthing to pull them and gas and maintaining them. I think you can buy the smallest basci unit for around $5000 but they take more work but should get the same smooth lumber it just will take more work.

4. kqh

kqh Guest

Thank you for your information.