Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a Buy, Sell or Trade site here in our county. Last night a lady listed 39 wooden pallets for sale at $1.00 each on the BST site. Someone jumped in and beat me to them. But this morning the woman called and said the other sale fell through and they were ours if we want them. Of course we do! And she's delivering them!!!!!!

My DH builds coffee tables, benches, side tables and tables from pallets but he also builds fences with them. We're going to use these to close in an area so our dogs can have a place to run and play and we don't have to worry about them getting in the road and getting hurt or worse.

This is the first time we've paid for the pallets but we usually only find one or two at a time. I'm pretty happy with our buy!

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
Free pallets seem to be harder now around where we live. We stack our firewood on them. We have more than we need right now, but I was thinking we might just keep for later use,and throw a cheap tarp over them.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Some people I know get paid to haul old pallets away from a company. They only do 2-3 trips per year, each load about 200-250 pallets each.
They bring them back to their farm, sort them, keep the good ones and load the bad ones up, take them to a holler on the back of their property and burn them.

Because of that, any time I need a pallet or six, they are free.

·
Registered
164 Posts
We have a Buy, Sell or Trade site here in our county. Last night a lady listed 39 wooden pallets for sale at $1.00 each on the BST site. Someone jumped in and beat me to them. But this morning the woman called and said the other sale fell through and they were ours if we want them. Of course we do! And she's delivering them!!!!!!

My DH builds coffee tables, benches, side tables and tables from pallets but he also builds fences with them. We're going to use these to close in an area so our dogs can have a place to run and play and we don't have to worry about them getting in the road and getting hurt or worse.

This is the first time we've paid for the pallets but we usually only find one or two at a time. I'm pretty happy with our buy!
Do you have any pics? I would like to things like this

·
Premium Member
5,472 Posts
Good score!
I would like to see pictures too!
There are so many creative ways to use pallets.

On pinterest, I saw them used to cover a wall, the patina was beautiful.
I would like to do that at my cottage.

I stopped at one place in PA, and they wanted $5.00 per pallet.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
Wow! And I was excited because I was able to get some pallets for ONLY $4 each! Around here pallets are expensive. I'm using mine for some elevated gardens. I saw it on facebook and it seemed like a good idea so I'm gonna try it.

·
Registered
947 Posts
My last pallet project. I love the look of this. I left the oak wood bare and as is. First try was w/o shot glass shelf. Then put shelf on the front of it for the shots.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts