Wood Gas Generator

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by raiant, Sep 8, 2004.

1. raiant

raiant New Member

Has anybody built a wood gas generator?
    Wood gasification has been used in Europe since the 40's.
    I like to see one working! Have many questions about the opration of the unit.

2. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    There is an article in MEN about 'burn wood twice' about 25 years ago if you can find it, MEN has on line archives but I do not know the addy.

3. Blu3duk

Blu3duk Well-Known Member

these folks have some different books on the subject, and anyone who has interest in tinkering in a shop from scratch gets excited just reading the availability of titles.

My dad-in-law built a foundary, metal lathe, mill machine, and shaper from dave gingery plans obtained thru lindsey, ive bought a couple different titles from them and have no complaints. http://www.lindsaybks.com/

William

4. raiant

raiant New Member

I found lots websites on this subject.I have been working other projects for energy and its a lot of work going by prints.And it may still not work.You can run biofuel (wood chips ,peat and etc.) in tactor, cars, trucks and what ever else.Bio Mass is slow to generate fuel, its find if you are using it cook on.There a picture on the websitesite running a John Deere tactor. Bye for now.