Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,215 Posts
That is a good looking stove with a low starting bid. I've found nothing even close to that price down here...and I've been looking!

·
STILL not Alice
19,808 Posts
I really dislike those reserve auctions. Just say what you want, you know?

Anyway, the stove looks very like one Nick and I picked up on the road to WI a couple years ago. We paid $325 for it. Now it sits and waits for us to move it to our homestead, or at least to the yard for a summer kitchen. :)

Pony!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I've been watching one on ebay all week. It started at $9.99 - no reserve. Unfortunately, it's up to $500 right now :grump: with 10 hours left to go.

·
plains of Colorado
4,125 Posts
At the bottom it said $500 at close of auction and the rest in 20 days...I'm guessing reserve was much higher.

·
Happy Scrounger
13,634 Posts
That stove is virtually identical (except for color of enamel) to one we purchased last year in Michigan....for $200. Guy's mother went into a home, and he sold almost everything from her cabin for her. He had lots of people interested in it...but they had no way to move the thing.

so...keep looking. The buys are out there.

I, too, hate "reserve" auctions. When I auction something on ebay, I put the first bidding price as the lowest price I'll take for the item. then, "no reserve". Yes, I end up paying a few pennies more to ebay, but it's a much easier way to auction, and easier for the bidders.

Other thing I've learned from buying stuff, is do NOT put something you think is worth a couple hundred dollars up for auction at the .99 cent thing. You run the risk of it selling for .99. I bought 40 boxes of ceramic slip, 100 molds, and 3 pour tables with pumps...all for .99. I thought the guy who showed me where to pick up the stuff was going to cry.

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OOh, I'm sorry, I didn't notice that it had a reserve on it. No wonder it looked good. Does look like a nice stove though.

Pauline

6,637 Posts
6,637 Posts
coalroadcabin said:
I've been watching one on ebay all week. It started at $9.99 - no reserve. Unfortunately, it's up to $500 right now :grump: with 10 hours left to go.
bid on it. come on...its only money...you make it every day,lol

·
Premium Member
7,215 Posts
bob clark said:
http://www.orc.ca/~gerry/bakers.html

I bought one of these ,but dont have it in yet. I paid 890.00 for it new from an Amish guy that has a stove store
Bob, was that the price delivered, or did you have to go to Ontario to pick it up? I've seen these advertised, and I really like the size of the firebox, but you can't find them down here!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts