Woo Hoo! Gumbo!

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by cindyc, Nov 25, 2006.

1. cindyc

cindyc Well-Known Member

My old neighbor called. She is an older cajun lady, who our family just adores! Her daughter just got married, and they had a reception full of good old cajun food. She is giving me the leftovers b/c she and her husband will never eat it all, and she knew I would appreciate it. She was the one who taught us how to make gumbo in the first place. I made dh stop by and pick up some flowers for her as a thank you. SOOOO good to hear from her again (and we are not unhappy about the authentic cajun food either.) Don't you just love good neighbors? We really miss them. :)
    Cindyc.

2. rwinsouthla

rwinsouthla Well-Known Member Supporter

Very Nice!!! We always eat gumbo after Thanksgiving, usually making it with the leftover turkey and some deer sausage. Of course the andouille and oysters we get for Thanksgiving go in another batch later this week. Oh if other folks could taste gumbo!!! They'll understand why we Louisiana'ans never leave!!!

3. via media

via media Tub-thumper

Yummy yummy! I love gumbo! *drool*

You're so lucky :)

/VM

4. charles burns

charles burns Well-Known Member

5. Country Lady

Country Lady Well-Known Member Supporter

I could eat foe or tree bowl fulls. I use to live in Louisiana and know some of the dialect. I loved those natives and their food.

6. Hears The Water

Hears The Water Well-Known Member Supporter

I was privelidged enough to go to Nawlins (New Orleans) for my honeymoon. I had the oppertunity to try gumbo and dirty rice and po' boy sandwiches and muffaltas. Mmmmmm I love Cajun food. I still make red beans and rice up here every so often..yummy! You are sure blessed to have a good neighbor to send you cajun left overs!
    God bless you and yours
    Debbie

7. MarleneS

MarleneS Well-Known Member

Some of us leave, and some days it's a toss up over which we miss most our family and friends there or the food :) With the exception of really fresh seafood, we can make all that homemade food no matter where we are. And there must be enough Cajuns uphere or people who have visited there because we actually have "Crawdad Days" here in Harrison, Arkansas. :)

Hugs
    Marlene