Wonder what undertakers think

Discussion in 'Country Singletree' started by FarmboyBill, May 20, 2020.

1. FarmboyBill

FarmboyBill Well-Known Member Supporter

2. TxMex

TxMex Well-Known Member Supporter

They are backlogged in many places here. Crematoriums in Mexico City can't keep up. I think they are storing bodies in refrigerated trucks.

3. emdeengee

emdeengee Well-Known Member

They have never shut and have had to bear a huge load all over the world. They can and are also experiencing the effects of all of this tragedy and trauma (PTSD), responsibility and the extreme work load.

Not to mention having to improvise and take all the safety precautions with the handling of the bodies, arranging storage for the huge number of corpses, arranging safe funerals where permuted and burials and dealing with relatives who are shocked and unable to deal with not having a funeral. Not getting the hero respect that is being afforded others.

TxMex likes this.
  4. muleskinner2

muleskinner2 Well-Known Member

I have talked to a friend in the business. They are very busy and making money hand over fist. Grinning all the way to the bank.

Wolf mom likes this.
  5. 101pigs

101pigs Well-Known Member

Not many deaths here 3 young kids passed away close to my farm and 3 in small town close to me. I think the ones's in town got ok. They shut down for most people at the V.A. They don't have that many cases there. They see me because i get med. and care for my Heart there.

6. FarmboyBill

One thing about them keeping busy with the oven, they dont lave to let it get cold between visits. Save time and money on not having to reheat. Might be like when The soldiers threw Danial into the firey furnace and the soldiers got burnt.

7. Shrek

Shrek Singletree Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Funeral homes here are still in their usual volume based on the obits page, but it seem odd seeing a local funeral home listed as one of the businesses thanking the virus front line workers in a full page ad.

8. FarmboyBill

9. emdeengee

IlliniosGal likes this.
  10. FarmboyBill

I have never been allergic to anything, having taken likely 5000 shots of one sort or another for asthma. Im worried that although Im fine, i could still have it and not know it, so I mask up

101pigs likes this.
  11. emdeengee

Quite often you only find out you are allergic to a medicine when you first take it. When I had pneumonia the doctors gave me the standard treatment. I broke out in a rash that made me look like a strawberry and took several weeks to cure. No penicillin or related drugs for me. Ditto for morphine to which my father was also allergic but no one else in the family is/was. Well, no one who has had use of morphine but of course the littler ones have not been exposed. Which it is very important to let your family know about your drug sensitivities and allergies.

12. FarmboyBill

Went to the local grocery store yesterday. All the workers had their masks on but all had their noses above the mask, and a couple had their mouths exposed. I thought, why bother if there gonna do that. Stupid

13. frogmammy

frogmammy Well-Known Member Supporter

Speaking of masks...anyone have problems with the dopey thing slipping up OVER their eyes? Makes it darn hard to see, and you're not supposed to touch the mask! Phooey!

Mon

14. MichaelZ

MichaelZ Well-Known Member Supporter

If coronavirus were their only business in our area, they too would be wondering if their business would be going belly up soon. 2 deaths in a 6-county region.

15. FarmboyBill

Yeah, But if there doing a good normal business, and get 2 more that wernt expected is a good bonus

16. Shrek

Shrek Singletree Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Our county and the one south both still have C19 cases numbering between 150 and 200 each with 1 C19 related death in each county reported since a couple weeks ago just a day or two after the same newspaper ran a state news article explaining that part of the formula used foe cutting up the county shares of the CARES grant money was also deaths, not just shutdown compliance and testing / identified cases, so we wonder if the 1 death per county may have some weight in the $100,000 or so each county is qualified for.
    Since all the general hospitals in 5 county area including these two counties are all owned by the same hospital corporation, some of us figure they might be shuffling numbers a bit between the low and high number counties to maximize the grant money that doesn't have to be returned by the Fall.

Around here folks with breathing issues, some folks 70 and above , some who feel more cmfortable wearing a mask and the staff at Kroger all wear masks.

WM , TSC , Ace Hardware , Autozone , Lowes and such have the employees wearing masks or sometimes with their noses out or the bottom rubber band loose or the mask around their neck so it doesn't fog their glasses but all the stores have 6 foot marks on the floor and plexiglass cashier shields at the check outs.

As far as customers in the stores for each one in a mask you pass , 4 to 7 without masks but stay 5 or 6 feet between familial type groups will pas and most of the masked folks are senior citizens.

Despite the strange coincidental data reported in the paper and so so use of masks, funeral home notices of deaths in or county still is not higher than usual except in the two northern counties covered in the 5 county group with cities that are micro hot spots number wise according to the TV news.