wonder how much water is bottled up

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by js2743, Jan 6, 2007.

1. js2743

js2743 Well-Known Member

ever wonder how much water is bottled and canned up. also water that is trapped inside containers that are in landfills that will never be back out in the atmosphere. also how much is in engines in cars, trucks etc. i think this may be why the ice is melting in the artics its replenishing our water source what do you people think.

2. Old Vet

Old Vet In Remembrance

No the ice is melting because the tempiture is warmer. The reason it is warmer is because of the weather cycles. It is not from glaobal warming or any thing else. We are on the warming cycle. It will go on for about the next 30 years then it will start to cool for about the next 100 years or so. This has been going on for as long as the earth has been here.

3. farmergirl

farmergirl Well-Known Member Supporter

It's true that there have been warming and cooling trends throughout the earth's history, but never before have we seen such dramatic shift in such a short period of time. What source are you using to gather this information? While you ignore what's happening, I'll help out by reducing, reusing and recycling and by minimizing and hopefully someday soon eliminating our need to burn up fossil fuels. We can't all work on fixing the problem if we don't agree on exactly what the problem is.

4. arabian knight

arabian knight Miniature Horse lover Supporter

True old vet we are STILL coming out of an ice age for the last 300 years. And the Earh Has to Warm up to do that.

5. rebelfarmer

rebelfarmer Well-Known Member

i agree with old vet
    in oklahoma we just went though a bad drought about as bad as the dust bowl. it is just cycles the earth goes though. and to the person that asked were he got his info just watch the history channal. their is a program called the "little ice age". as the program went it looked just like what is going on know in our weather patteran.
    i do agree though we need to stop burning fossil fuel

6. cheapskate

cheapskate Cheap but not free

Global warming...global cooling. It happens naturally and has been proven so many times. I do get a hoot out of the people (Al Gore and his ilk) who have made a living out of this and other environmental alarmist causes. They tell us to cut our useage of fossil fuels while they consume more in an hour by getting to the place to give the speech than I use in a year. Do as I say, not as I do....so to speak.

Generally, those who believe in manmade global warming have placed an unwarranted high value on themselves. Go stand alone in the remote areas of the Rockies. Go spend an afternoon in central Wyoming. Take a drive in North Dakota. Then see how important man is versus nature.

I believe Earth is very capable of shaking off anything man can do to it.

7. tinknal

tinknal Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm worried about water tied up in my beer cans and I'm doing my best to release it. I'm thinking the most ecologically safe method of doing this is to filter it through my liver and then run it through my septic system.

8. DocM

DocM Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to inform you people, but unnatural "global warming" IS happening. It's not just a liberal agenda, it's a real scientific fact. Just like evolution.

9. donsgal

donsgal Nohoa Homestead

That is preposterous. Assuming that you believe that the earth has been here for millions of years, no one can even speculate as to how many cycles there have been and how long each lasted.

Science never ceases to amaze me with it's level of arrogance.

donsgal

10. wy_white_wolf

wy_white_wolf Just howling at the moon

Sorry it is yet to be proven! It's just a theory

11. e.alleg

e.alleg Well-Known Member

Politicians own Dupont stock. Spent too much on hookers and Don Perignon. Think of solution. Global warming because of freon. Make it scarce and jack up the price. Nice fat pockets again. End of story.

12. Beaners

Beaners Incubator Addict

Don Perignon or Dom? Haha, along the same lines, how do you pronounce Moet?

I ain't never spent my money or anyone else's on the expensive stuff but I've served enough of it that I know what it's called.

Kayleigh

13. stanb999

stanb999 Well-Known Member

How do you know? Who was here when everything north of the 40Th was ICE?
    Who was here when everything south of the 41st was tropical rain forest?
    The deserts were mud flats, The mud flats were deserts.The mountains were at the oceans depths and will return.As for gasses released by man...... Think volcano. Millions of times the size of any gas release man could do in hundreds of years. They happen all the time.
    Screaming about a car running is akin to saying stop throwing stones in the ocean you will fill it up.

14. stanb999

stanb999 Well-Known Member

You really not need worry about such things. It is inconsequential. The earth is over 70% water.

15. Bearfootfarm

Bearfootfarm Hello, hello....is there anybody in there.....? Supporter

Thats just NOT TRUE:

http://www.latimes.com/news/printed...e5jan05,0,4351058.story?track=mostemailedlink

"The global transition from ice age to greenhouse 300 million years ago was marked by repeated dips and rises in the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and wild swings in temperature, with drastic effects on forests and vegetation, the researchers reported in the journal Science."

16. arabian knight

arabian knight Miniature Horse lover Supporter

And besides while there is some ice melt in the Artic. The Ice Sheets are actually Growing in the Antartic~! Hmmmm That is NEVER Mentioned now is it????