Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its official (at least in my neck of the woods) its snowing. The new kittens are getting dizzy watching the shower of white flakes. The old dog is indignant, and the puppy's having ball trying to catch them all :haha:

·
Premium Member
6,751 Posts
Is it not wonderful to witness the changing of the seasons? Our weather is only showing signs of Autum. Day temps are high 70* and nites are still well above 40* Our oaks, maples and Hickories are only beginning to change to the yellows, reds and golds, that beckon cool, crisp,lazy days. It will still be months before winter arrives here in NC..Enjoy that first beautiful snow! Debbie

·
Registered
7,576 Posts
It didn't snow my way overnight or this morning, but for sure it's a killing frost on the lawn and vegitation. Crisp and clear morning here it's -4C (about 25F).
The other day when it was about 75 F, the mosquitoes were thick in a few places yet. That's one good thing about cool now is less bugs.

Jackie, have you had a lot of ladybugs around there? They are thick near the doors and windows. It was like this last year if I recall.

·
Banned
30,992 Posts
We've had a couple of mornings that the frost has been thick on the ground but no snow yet. However, there's a chance of snow showers on Saturday night. The colors are just awesome this year. The whole hill is bright with yellow, orange, and deep red. This is my favorite time of the year.

Stacy in NY

·
Registered
127 Posts
oh well - it takes winter to make spring I guess, but could you keep it in Canada at least until I get the studs on our car?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
You hold tight to that winter at least until mid november. I need a bit more time to get things tight at my place before you send us any snow. And I had soooo hoped to be in a new house before winter. Looks like one more heating season in this old barn .......SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.... :rolleyes: :(

·
Registered
337 Posts
HI from northern lower Mi please keep the snow a little longer I am not quite ready yet I have my wood supply orderd but not paid for and I have the belt bought for the plow truck but cant find any one to put it on :no: but I am thinking positive or trying anyways but I need alittle more time we have had some very heavy frost and even alittle ice on the water tank and itis taking 2 times as long to dry clothes out side so I know we are getting close !~~~

·
Registered
366 Posts
heres a few photos from last winter to prepare you for this winter!

SW Wisconsin--both pictures are facing Minnesota and the Mississippi River...

This is from the same spot as above, just during the summer--what a contrast

1 - 9 of 9 Posts